Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Bluetooth Audio Data

ollie2017uk

Does anyone know if there is an update for the sync to display the track name etc on bluetooth audio? I just handed back a 16 plate loan car which had it and it was a nice touch. My 13 plate doesn't have that function currently, it just says bluetooth audio

Not 100% certain but fairly sure that up to 63 plates it isn't supported. This is related to trying to get the SYNC updated (hot topic) to support Siri eyes free and other features. 

The best way of working out if you can get the update to show bluetooth track info is to go through your Ford dealer. I am currently in the process at the moment to work out if my 62 plate Zetec is eligible

Basically, ask your Ford dealer, you may be lucky you may not. 

10 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

Not 100% certain but fairly sure that up to 63 plates it isn't supported. This is related to trying to get the SYNC updated (hot topic) to support Siri eyes free and other features. 

The best way of working out if you can get the update to show Bluetooth track info is to go through your Ford dealer. I am currently in the process at the moment to work out if my 62 plate Zetec is eligible

Basically, ask your Ford dealer, you may be lucky you may not. 

You can only upgrade the sync so far on the 1.0 system (which you both have) sync 1.1 supports applink and a better APIM. They were fitted to cars after april 2014 (not all 14 plates though) and everything thereafter. Apparently the APIM module is a fairly easy upgrade. That will give you track information via bluetooth

18 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Apparently the APIM module is a fairly easy upgrade. That will give you track information via bluetooth

Is this doable then on our cars and whats the process do you know / has it been done before? Would be interested in giving this a go

£150 notes with my dealer and they didn't really seem to understand the request. I'm still holding out that someone will find and post a link to the update.

• 2 weeks later...

I got told by my local Perry's Ford that they couldn't find an update for my car. This topic seems to be very rare and unknown about by dealers so whether it's impossible i don't know, however it doesn't look like there are many places that'll do it.

Hi I might be misunderstanding what youre on about here as Ive only had my fiesta van for a few days and havent been a member here for long, But my bluetooth audio streaming displays the track name.

My vehicle is a 2011 1.4 tdci van.

Slightly off topic, but interesting thread about Sync https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8736056

Thankfully Ford have now ditched Microsoft and gone to QNX - windows CE wasnt a good platform at the time never mind now all these years later!  Shame for those of us stuck on Sync 1 (when the US seems to have got Sync 2 on later Fiesta's at least).  Its a bit crappy that the US get updates (and are encouraged to install updates) while Europe gets stuck with what they have from the factory.  I believe there are torrents out there with sync 1 software on them, but obviously their use would be at your own risk.  As sync is connected into the vehicles own computer system I wouldn't risk it myself - who knows what damage someone could have programmed into one of these unauthorised sources.  Is it possible to update sync yourself?  Probably, if you have enough patience (and possibly cash to switch out hardware, for instance to a later model radio system) and the correct diagnostic tools or software.  Reading around it appears the latest version of Sync is 4.4.1 (in the US at least).

EDIT:  Take a look here, but if you have 1.0 hardware rather than 1.1 I dont think you can do anything to update.