Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my front end shaking at 50mph

rudi

hey everyone, i bought my focus 1.8 zetec 3 door 1999 a week ago

due to it not having tax i couldnt test it properly and didnt take it out for a proper run

after i bought it i took it on a motorway, and what happens is

when i press the accelarator down in 3rd,4th or 5th gear after 50 mph the front end shakes but it only shakes when the revs are high and felt quite dangerous, not thru the steering wheel though.

so had the wheels balanced even though i thought it couldnt be it because i would feel it through the steering wheel.

took it back to the trade seller, left it there over night and 1 day after they phoned and said they fitted a new wishbone arm on the left side and they said the shaking is almost gone and reckons if i get the other side fitted it would go away.

so yea the shaking is allot less and doesnt feel dangerous anymore.

i have it booked it at a garage to fit the other side

has any one had the same problem before?

also im just wondering if the shaking would go away fully just by replacing the other side too?

thanks

rudi

post-1167-1214157386_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I would of got them to do the otherside aswell if they are so sure the shaking will go away! Why should you pay for it to be done? I would give the car back to wherever you bought it from and if they dont sort it ask for your money back, if they wont speak to trading standards.

H

i did get the car down from 2395 to 1900.if i knew it was shaking before i bought it i would have suggested them to fix it properly so i think its pretty fair for them to replace one side even though i know they should have fitted the other side too! when i get the other side done (shouldnt cost more than £50.00) and is still not fixes i will deffinitely take it back.

• 4 weeks later...

To any one who has had the same problem

I have had the car in 2 garages and they both said its the wheels thats buckled

I then tried original focus wheels which were perfect condition and it was still shaking

I got spacers on the wheels and it was still shaking

Replaced the wishbone arm and it was still shaking

So i booked it in at Jennings ford and after 1 day they rung me and said

the driveshaft bearings were dry and because of that it was wearing out the whole thing

Also the cv joint was nakerd

So they quoted me £550.00 and said they are 85 % sure its the driveshaft and cv joint

Just today i got the car back and its fiiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxxedddddddddddd

NO MORE SHAKING THANK GOD, ALL the stress that ive gone through

Its fixed

Atleast i got the garage that i bought it from to pay £350.00 towards the repair

I know it would have been loads cheaper from a little garage but at the end of the day you get what u pay for

So if your car is shaking when u press the acelerator in 3rd from 45 mph to 60, also in 4th or 5th at any speed

and its shaking, and not much shaking through the steering wheel

GET YOUR DRIVESHAFT CHECKED OUT.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club