Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Peugeot buying Vauxhall ?

Bob_thebaldie

Yep, I saw that on the news tonight...  I would never buy a new Peugeot nor would I buy any Vauxhall, so I'm indifferent.  My only hope is that if it does go ahead, Peugeot will screw things up (perhaps deliberately...) and kill off their competitor. 

Probably not, but one can dream.

• Like 4

Cannot be bad big improvement coming then

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They have to improve a lot on the vauxhall,spend loads on trying to make the corsa get close or overtake fiesta in the list.

That went well,got to say i have been in a few new Peugeots and i like them better than the vauxhall but that aint hard is it.

• Like 1

I reckon they will not touch the Astra and insignia as those still sale but like you say look to improve on the Corsa on with Citroen Peugeot owned that should not be hard

• Like 1

The idea that a dull and dreary Peugeot is looking to buy vauxhall, makes me wonder what sort of babies they will make...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The idea that a dull and dreary Peugeot is looking to buy vauxhall, makes me wonder what sort of babies they will make...

You definitely have not seen the new Peugeots they are far from dull and dreary

• Like 3

On 15/02/2017 at 7:20 AM, jeebowhite said:

Can they change anything or you think it will come with rules and stuff that they cant touch parts of the design etc.

Just for the ride alone on the corsa and 308 i would go with the 308,corsa is like jelly goes all over the place but we will see,cant do GM any harm.

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if they do have contractual terms, most the time those sort of rules exist, they can share knowledge but they can't knock the business over

• Like 1

I must admit I haven't really, but I still have the old ones in my head from the early millennium.

• Like 1

If there was ever the slightest, teeny, remote chance of me buying a Vauxhall, that is now void lol.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2017 at 8:41 AM, jeebowhite said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they do have contractual terms, most the time those sort of rules exist, they can share knowledge but they can't knock the business over

Yes you are right,this is what i thought that it will still be the same with no change at all.

• Like 1

Many reviews are saying the Corsa is the best all rounder in class. Doesn't really lead in any area, but offers the best combination by coming 2nd in everything. I don't see how Peugeot will help it excel. They haven't made a driver's car since the 205. The 206 was dull and the driving position is all wrong, the 7 was too heavy to go anywhere and the engines were rubbish, the 8 has less feeling than Saddam Hussein.

And Vauxhall has better reliability and customer satisfaction than Ford at the moment, which really is shocking!

The thing I'm most interested in with the deal though is that Ford are using a lot if Fiat stuff.  The Corsa D and E being the Grande Punto of old. I therefore doubt much can change underneath for current models until their planned replacement dates. Contracts locking them in and all that.

20 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Many reviews are saying the Corsa is the best all rounder in class. Doesn't really lead in any area, but offers the best combination by coming 2nd in everything. I don't see how Peugeot will help it excel. They haven't made a driver's car since the 205. The 206 was dull and the driving position is all wrong, the 7 was too heavy to go anywhere and the engines were rubbish, the 8 has less feeling than Saddam Hussein.

And Vauxhall has better reliability and customer satisfaction than Ford at the moment, which really is shocking!

The thing I'm most interested in with the deal though is that Ford are using a lot if Fiat stuff.  The Corsa D and E being the Grande Punto of old. I therefore doubt much can change underneath for current models until their planned replacement dates. Contracts locking them in and all that.

When i had my corsa D 1.4 Design there is one thing i thought was good was the road noise,it was so quiet and yes i had faults as do any car but never

let me down as broke down,there was a few things i hated on it like the drive was very wobbly and on corners and steering was terrible not like my fiesta.

My brother had the new 308 top spec for 12 months and he had not one problem at all in that 12 months,i had a nice few goes in it and nice car so i can

only say what i have seen and drove over a period of time,would i have either..........don't think i would just off bad things i have heard but as said above

the corsa always comes 2nd or very close,i have been in the the new corsa when i had it as a courtesy car when mine was in but same horrible drive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

When i had my corsa D 1.4 Design there is one thing i thought was good was the road noise,it was so quiet and yes i had faults as do any car but never

let me down as broke down,there was a few things i hated on it like the drive was very wobbly and on corners and steering was terrible not like my fiesta.

My brother had the new 308 top spec for 12 months and he had not one problem at all in that 12 months,i had a nice few goes in it and nice car so i can

only say what i have seen and drove over a period of time,would i have either..........don't think i would just off bad things i have heard but as said above

the corsa always comes 2nd or very close,i have been in the the new corsa when i had it as a courtesy car when mine was in but same horrible drive.

My previous car was a Corsa D Design too. Was a 1.3 CDTi 90.

The road noise was pretty subdued, certainly.  Don't think the Fiesta's any louder - it's definitely miles more rattly though.  The cabin at the front of the Corsa was more roomy than my a Fiesta.  My dad reckons the rear in the fiesta is bigger though.  I find that I am sitting too high in a Fiesta and therefore the top of the Wiper Blades cut across my eye line.  Certainly the Corsa was no more reliable and it had had a fair whack wrong with it - just like my Fiesta!  And the fuel economy was similar to the EcoBoost too.  Maybe slightly less around town, slightly more on the motorway.  The ride in the Fiesta is miles better though - even my 17 inch alloys still result in a less crashy ride than the Corsa with 16 inch alloys.

The local Vauxhall dealer was miles better than the 2 Ford ones, but by no means great.  It was just not worse than root canal treatment each time you called them.

I am just struggling to work out what Peugeot would bring to Vauxhall's game in the short term.  Vauxhall's cars are on the whole more superior than Peugeot's.  Maybe it's about Peugeot borrowing some of Vauxhall's upward trajectory.

An interesting pairing would be Citroen and Vauxhall.

There seems to be a lot of foreign cars popping up by me like the new KIA  and the Hyundai.

Fiesta seems to always stick to the plastic feel dash layout not the padded look or feel like most do these days.

Putting the Peugeot and vauxhall together is like waiting for a accident to happen,was it Peugeot which had very bad electric problems

so you have vauxhalls that self ignite when they want to and electric problems,November the 5th all year round.

• Like 1

Will-Vauxhall-join-Peugeot-Citroen_zpsmz

The 1.4TDCi 1.6TDCi 2.0TDCi and 1.4 Duratec engines are all manufactured by Peugeot and fitted to fords as a joint venture in lowering carbon emissions.

hfree a focus with Vauxhall alloys 😂 took that picture personally no Photoshop it's reality HD valued at around 4K😁

IMG_20150813_152131_zpsonrnm3yj_edit_143

now there's going to be Vauxhall engines

funbrd-1.jpg

47139296.jpg

images_zpse53eslhn.jpg

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ken.K said:

The 407 looks like an Aston DBS 😉

The 407 looks like an Aston DBS [emoji6]

Lol okay so not push it. But they do look good. Check out the new 3008 for example beats the Ford edge interior hands down.

• Like 2

Well, the boss of PSA has said that if Peugeot does buy Vauxhall, they won't be closing the company and want to expand it... :sad:

And that's a bad thing...? Just because you don't like Vauxhall doesn't mean jobs should be lost because of it! I'm all for it if it supports the UK economy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

And that's a bad thing...? Just because you don't like Vauxhall doesn't mean jobs should be lost because of it! I'm all for it if it supports the UK economy.

Given that Peugeot is French, and with the UK soon to be outside of the EU, I doubt manufacturing would stay in the UK for long if they do buy it out.  But, I could be wrong.  For the employees of course, I hope it does.

The Vauxhall pension plan could scupper the whole thing, they were saying on the radio.  Peugeot want the Vauxhall/Opel brand but they don't want the massive liability of the pension plan, but GM won't part with the brand without the accompanying pensions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

The Vauxhall pension plan could scupper the whole thing, they were saying on the radio.  Peugeot want the Vauxhall/Opel brand but they don't want the massive liability of the pension plan, but GM won't part with the brand without the accompanying pensions.

Admittedly I haven't had the time to fully research the subject, but I've known deals to go south for much less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Admittedly I haven't had the time to fully research the subject, but I've known deals to go south for much less.

Watch the government step in because suddenly the business will be under threat, along with all the jobs. The government will pretend to be keeping jobs in the UK.  Then the taxpayer will get fleeced like it was with 'Tata' aka British Steel.  The workers will lose some of their in-work benefits to keep their jobs at the expense of tomorrow's wealth i.e. pensions  And the business will get taken abroad anyway like it was with Cadbury.

I know that Vauxhall is under American ownership, but the government still has control and interest in it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club