Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think my Focus has died 馃槱

gwengo
聽Share

Hi all,

im hoping that you guys might be able to shed some light on an issue that I have with my 2002 focus 1.8 TDCi. On my way home from work I was driving around an island when all of a sudden the glow plug light started to flash and the car went in to a limp home mode where I couldn't rev above 2500rpm.聽

After I managed to get it home and park it up on the drive I tried to restart it and it just wouldn't turn over. Then I had white smoke coming out of the exhaust and a burning smell every time I tried to start the car.聽

A similar thing happened about 2 years ago and I changed the cam sensor which sorted the issue. I've now also changed the crankshaft sensor which hasn't helped.聽

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm also thinking the fuel pump, fuel filter or even the injectors 馃槱馃槱. If so then I'm gonna have to scrap it rather than sell it on.聽

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 馃憤馃徎

Hi mate,聽

sorry hear this has happend, think you have answered your own question though.

white smoke buffing out like that I would suggest the same fuel filter,fuel pump,injectors.

before all this though you could try fuel n injector cleaner (cheaper option first)

best of luck

9 hours ago, Damien said:

Hi mate,聽

sorry hear this has happend, think you have answered your own question though.

white smoke buffing out like that I would suggest the same fuel filter,fuel pump,injectors.

before all this though you could try fuel n injector cleaner (cheaper option first)

best of luck

Cheers Damian,聽

might just give that a go. I do have another car now (Kia Rio, don't ask, I hate it) and the missus wants to get rid of the Focus and doesn't want me to spend anymore money on it. Personally I would rather try and fix it, if the fixes are cheap. So I'll try the injector cleaner (good suggestion) and perhaps change the fuel filter and stop there if it's none of those, as the other options just aren't worth it.聽

A running car is worth twice as much as none running. Scrap yard wants 拢50 for it, but I know the four, unmarked, alloys and tyres are worth at least 拢150.聽

Hi pal,聽

good of luck hope it works for you if does end up scrapping then I would take wheels off n sell them on here or something mate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club