Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Exhaust Bracket Issue

sonic113

i had a little incident this evening.driving home I got a bit of fencing wire and it got caught in exhaust and broke the very last rear bracket. I'm raging to has I have mot in 5 days and wont have time to get it welded. the whole exhaust is 100% fine and its only the little bar that comes of the pipe to the rubber mount that is broke.

I saw these in my local auto parts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Exhaust-Round-Band-Hanger-2-Stainless-Steel-Adjustable-Bracket-Bomb-/262581687591?hash=item3d23169527:g:irYAAOSwHoFXtDew

and was wondering would they  work OK and pass the mot. them seem to fit around the pipe and then pop into the rubber mount so they look like they do the same job but just wanted to check on here first. They have different sizes so need to get the actual pipe diameter first but im sure even the 2 inch one could be altered to fit ok.

Thanks

If I'm reading right, the bar that goes into the rubber and attaches to the tail pipe as come away at the weld?

I had exactly the same issue before an MOT. The bar still curved around under the pipe but had just come away. I used two huge jubilee clips to cross over each other with the bar underneath. Worked a treat and passed the MOT, not even an advisory. The tester doesn't care how it is secured, as long as it is secured. 

Likely hood is a weld would destroy the pipe as it's thin there. Couple of quid and you can have it fixed in minutes 

• Like 1

I had the same problem just before my mot and they ended up welding it on. No damage to the pipe at all and only cost like £30

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

I had the same problem just before my mot and they ended up welding it on. No damage to the pipe at all and only cost like £30

My pipe had too much rust to weld.

Jubilee clips were £1 each :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon84 said:

My pipe had too much rust to weld.

Jubilee clips were £1 each :D

Yeah this is exactly where mine is broke. I think i will try the junilee clips as i might have a few lying somewhere. If its secured enough it should be ok for MOT. Thr rest of the exhaust is in good condition so just that little bit to sort out.

Thanks again

• Like 1

My bar had corroded all the way through so much that it didn't even have the bend round the pipe. It just went straight down 😂

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club