Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 mondeo mk4 2.0 diesel immobiliser help please?

bladeage

Hi all,

I had a message pop up on the car a few times " alarm service required", this usually came on after the car immobilised itself however, it immobilised itself last week and the immobiliser would not turn off this time, I tried the usual disconnect of the battery for an hour or so etc but no joy. I deduced the "alarm service" message was probably the alarm battery back up under the wheel arch so I ordered one and fitted it today......the alarm now sounds off brilliantly and the "alarm service" message has disappeared so the new battery back up sounder has worked a treat!

The problem I am having now is that the immobiliser will not turn off and I am unable to start the car, everything including the alarm is working fine except for the immobiliser?????  I have read that sometimes the car needs plugging into a scanner to reset the alarm system? can these scanners be brought off flee bay etc? any ideas would be very gratefully accepted as I am going to be stuck for work on monday morning if I cant get it started :-/

Problem solved !!

I ordered forscan with extended access key in the hope it would let me access the module I needed to reconnect the ABS system (lost communication) but it wouldnt let me, so after much head scratching I rang a recommended auto electrician up and he came out to me, half an hour later he had diagnosed the "ABS lost communication" as a corroded wire in wiring loom, he cut the piece out and soldered another in........fired up straight away :-)   best £75 spent ever !

• Like 1