Do Not Sell My Personal Information

83 MPG

portobe17o

I've just got back from a journey to Liverpool in my 2006 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, it was a 550 mile round trip and the dashboard computer said "average fuel 83 mpg". I filled the tank before the trip, (38 litres, £45) and when I got home, after 550 miles it still said "67 miles til empty". That's 600 odd miles for 45 quid!! Has anyone else had fuel consumption like this out of one of these cars? Is it normal??

Blimey that's rather astonishing fuel consumption. You must have been driving like Reginald Molehusband. But we'll done anyway. Can't comment on how it compares with other similar cars.

Sounds like excellent consumption to me! Most I ever got was nearing 60 with my diesel FIAT!

2 hours ago, portobe17o said:

I've just got back from a journey to Liverpool in my 2006 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, it was a 550 mile round trip and the dashboard computer said "average fuel 83 mpg". I filled the tank before the trip, (38 litres, £45) and when I got home, after 550 miles it still said "67 miles til empty". That's 600 odd miles for 45 quid!! Has anyone else had fuel consumption like this out of one of these cars? Is it normal??

Sounds like a one of a kind if I was u I would cherish it

The true test is to refill it and check exactly how much fuel it used.   You won't get an exact consumption from the dash computer.

3 hours ago, portobe17o said:

lol bet you wouldn't like mine then 17 mpg but then it is 340 BHP stage 3 Focus  ST Mk2 done by Collins. Unfortunately that's what I get for my search for power and is expected and is amazing fun to drive. Luckily I do have a 1.6 deiseal turbo that I tootle about in for day to day that is much better  on mpg but its not a Ford so I won't say what make it is  (lol)but it is brand new .

You need to refill and make a note of the number of litres, the MPG is usually out around 10% for mine, it usually shows mid 70s on mine which equates to high 60s in real terms on my 1.4 TDCi.

12 hours ago, Bobr said:

The true test is to refill it and check exactly how much fuel it used.   You won't get an exact consumption from the dash computer.

On my Fiesta 1.5tdci econetic I have done this for about the last 6,000 miles approx. The total fuel put in during that period divided by the mileage (assuming the mileage is reasonably accurate - it says my journey to work is 33 miles which is the same as my previous 3 cars so I have no reason to think it is terribly wrong) shows mpg of 58.2 mpg. The dashboard tells me it is 61.1mpg.   That is 4.9% difference.  I would say by previous 1.6tdci Fiesta was probably out by about the same amount.

Bearing in mind the official figures for my car - 88mpg combined, 58.2mpg sounds poor but is not any worse than I expected when I bought it. (three quarters of my mileage is motorway/fast dual carriageway with no roundabouts etc)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club