Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying an Ecoboost soon

chadPFC

Hi guys, 

Looking at buying a 13 / 14 plate 1.0 Ecoboost soon, just after some advice really.

I've currently got an Astra VXR after owning a Corsa VXR so it's a bit of a step down in terms of speed but they seem tidy & full of extras. I'm on the VXRonline forum though, love these places for help and advice!

Seems like the Ecoboost is the model to go for (trying to get away from the VXR style cars so the ST isn't happening!) 

Most seem to be the 125bhp model, I'm after at least half leather interior, keyless entry, the sony stereo, rear sensors / camera and maybe satnav.

Am I right in thinking the the Ecoboost Titanium seems to be "top" spec model? I've also heard you can get them with 140bhp but haven't seen any online yet.

• Like 1

You will need the rarer Titanium X trim for half leather, keyless entry, rear camera if you don't want to find a Titanium with various options included.  Titaniums are reasonably common in comparison to a Titanium X.  You can't get them with the 140bhp (138 really) engine though.  For that, you will need to go to the far less well specified Red or Black.

Ah right, thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for Titanium X's but the Titaniums with some optional extras seem fairly common so hopefully one goes up for sale down here somewhere.

Is there anything in specific to look out for when buying one?

• Like 1

Mine is an Ecoboost Titanium and it had a city pack when I bought it.   Mine's the 99BHP engine and it drives like a 1.6 litre.   The advantage, of course, is no car tax.

3 hours ago, chadPFC said:

Ah right, thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for Titanium X's but the Titaniums with some optional extras seem fairly common so hopefully one goes up for sale down here somewhere.

Is there anything in specific to look out for when buying one?

I'm not really best placed to advise on this, as I have had nothing but problems with mine and Ford.  Many people seem happy with theirs, whilst also accepting that build quality is not great.  Make sure the engine has been looked after though - some of the early ones have been going bang.

Got a TitX 1.0 125, through Ford direct, 64 plate bought when about 9 months old with 2.5k on the clock, had for almost 18 months now and can't fault it.

Worth the search, although there did seem a few around at the time I got mine.

https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/used-cars/ford/fiesta/1.0 ecoboost titanium x nav 5dr powershift/options/-trimid=73951-maxfinance=1000-minfinance=0-fueltype=0

Maybe not what you want but will give you the ifo you need, I have used Motorpoint several times and have no complaints.  You can always make inquiries or as mentioned previosly, Ford Direct.

I have a titanium and a 13 plate one of the very first and never heard them going bang unless mapped wront or too high ... mines is the 125ps model best all rounder 100 lacks torque and 140ps lacks mpg plus have to pay a little tax plus the 125 and 140 map pretty much the same anyway if you want to map them i was running bluefin 150ish bhp took 0-60 time down to 8.3s with car full of stuff lol 

My car is almost 4yr old not had one issue at all car is amazing getting 40-43mpg average and taking car to 165bhp roughly with revo soon so speed is fast enough - free tax too! 

If i was you search tor titanium x they are rare but can be found 

If not titanium only a couple things it hasnt got but can be optional extras so maybe some has a good too to use is 

Ford etis google it and type in the reg of the car your after and it will tell you all the info you need 

Here is my car

BA.jpg.378c4e2b8a56ed7f3d317614f70bc6a3.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bobr said:

Mine is an Ecoboost Titanium and it had a city pack when I bought it.   Mine's the 99BHP engine and it drives like a 1.6 litre.   The advantage, of course, is no car tax.

I have the none eco but also looking into the 125ps,i have the 1.6 and i think you mean the 125ps eco is like the 1.6 as my mate has the ecoboost 125ps and

on par with mine as not far off the same BHP but eco is cheaper to run,been in the 99bhp and you can tell a difference to the 123bhp.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the replies guys, picked up my Fiesta yesterday!

Got a white 63 plate (14) Fiesta Ecoboost 125. Went for the Titanium X with half leather & front & rear sensors. 

Seems great so far, obviously not as quick as the VXR but it's not slow either and full of gadgets. Taking a while to get used to the stereo / setup!

Any tips or any standard "mods" most people tend to do straight away? Also, can you permanently disable Auto Stop/Start? I know the button disables it, but can you just deactivate it permanently?

• Like 1

On 19/02/2017 at 11:34 PM, Paramanic said:

My car is almost 4yr old not had one issue at all car is amazing getting 40-43mpg average

40-43? you're not driving it :wink:

I cannot comment  on the interiors as those specs are different here than in the UK. However, the 100 Ecoboost Engine is generally fine for most driving experiences provided you work the gears a little. I drive regularly in different countries across mainland Europe (as I live here) including on the famous German autobahns without speed limits. It has more than enough grunt to overtake and cruises fine. Provided you are not planning to sit on 140Kph or more for long trips the engine is fine and is perfectly smooth, it can feel a little less pleasant after that speed though. When driving in other countries with limits of 120 or 130kph it is more than adequate and remains fun. Just don't be fooled by the fuel economy which is at best 53mpg in my case.

There are rarely times when I would say the engine isn't up to it. I have also driven a hired Polo with a similar engine on  a long trip through Spain and it felt like driving a mobility scooter in comparison and had no power.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:31 PM, winemart2 said:

40-43? you're not driving it :wink:

mate thats the usual unless a want to boot it it reduces down to about 33-36mpg haha