Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 st3 Autolock doors?

Tangerinemk3.5st3

Hi.

Is it possible to enable my focus to automatically lock the doors when I drive off?

Thanks

Possibly.
You'd have to try software like FoCCus or Forscan.
Tbh why not just press the manual lock button on the drivers door?

Sent from my SM-G930F

It's a "Vehicle Setting" as I recall via the trip computer route...

5 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

It's a "Vehicle Setting" as I recall via the trip computer route...

Nope not without changing it using a computer. I certainly don't have that option in my menus on my Tit X

10 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Nope not without changing it using a computer. I certainly don't have that option in my menus on my Tit X

I blame advanced years... :biggrin:

The procedure to activate/deactivate the autolocking function as described in the video above is only applicable if the autolocking function has been activated in the Central Car Configuration. On European Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles the autolocking function is not activated in the Central Car Configuration as standard (this function is officially not supported by Ford Europe at all).

Seriously? That's odd. I wonder where my Focus is from then, I'm in S.Africa, it is sold as a 2.0Gdi Sport. (2013 mk3). Worked for me, I also deactivated the seatbelt chime.

What does your VIN number look like? Based on the VIN number I can identify the production country, production facility, production year and month and some other info.

The USA Focus MK3 does also have the autolocking function activated in the Central Car Configuration as standard. On these vehicles the autolocking function can also be activated by the procedure mentioned above.

However in Europe Ford does not support this function because of safety/legal reasons. As a result of this the ability to activate this function is removed from the Ford IDS FRDS diagnostic software. It is still possible with the Ford IDS diagnostic system from within the Engineering Mode but very few Ford dealers know how to enter this mode.

I find the "because of safety/legal reasons" bit crazy. I've driven and been passenger in loads of cars with auto locking including Peugeot/Citroen which have this feature on every car they make!