Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheel Controls

JPMacDee

Just recently bought a second hand Fiesta Ecoboost and the steering wheel controls for the audio work intermittently, don't know of this is a common fault. Just wanting to know how to fix it, will happily be guided to a forum if this has been asked before! 

Very common apparently.  Crud gets caught behind the buttons and needs cleaning out/the buttons changing.

its very common my other half had the button replaced under warranty as she couldnt even answer the phone when she got a call. she had the car back within 2 hours so i dont think its a difficult thing to fix.

Thanks guys! Ill look at getting the buttons replaced! 

Very common got it on mine at the min i just live with it now (out of warranty)

Had the same on my 2011 Zetec S, replaced them and now all good, as mentioned is a common fault

Chris

Just to add, I had similar, vol- button rarely worked. On mine i'm convinced it wasn't the actual button contacts since pressing vol- caused a slight change on the display so the contact was doing something. Anyway, got them changed now fine. I guess the canbus gubbins must be built into the button assembly and that went awol.

I have never had this problem in 3 years and 60.000 km.