Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine noise when accelerating possibly whooshing

ballybrone

I have a 2007 MK3 Ford Galaxy 1.8TDCI (Duratorq engine) that has recently developed a problem where there is a noise coming from the engine when accelerating in 4 ,5, 6 th gear .It sounds like a whooshing or exhaust noise but its only when accelerating.When in the lower gears and car standing still noise dosent happen.When its happening if you lay off the accelerator it stops.From checking the commom causes in the forums I had hoped I would find a cracked of split pipe to the turbo ,erg or intercooler circuit but I haven't found anything yet ,cant see anything wrong with exhaust either .I don't seem to be down on power any other ideas of what it could be.Could it be the turbo itself .

I will see if I can record the sound and attach audio slip

Hi I did a good visual inspection of the hoses without taking them off.As you look into engine on the left there is one long rubber hose from intercooler to EGR left side and on the right there is a rubber hose from air box to turbo and another from intercooler to turbo ,but the ones up at the turbo are hard to see right at the back and down under the fuel filter.There are a couple of metal pipes on back of EGR or Turbo but cannot see any cracks in these either.I have uploaded the audio of what it sounds like to utube in case its any help. - See more at: http://www.forum.fordmpv.com/smf2/technical-6/engine-noise-when-accelerating-possibly-whooshing-noise/#sthash.Bs91ui9Q.dpuf

Anybody else had a familiar issue or sound from their ford MK4 Mondeo , Smax or mk3 Galaxy with 1.8tdci engine.