Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk3 Bluetooth/Phone/Voice Control

MurdoD

I have got my Galaxy S7 paired with the car ('SYNC') and for the most part, works great. Can play audio, can receive (answer) calls but the downfall is making a call.

When I use voice control, and say 'Call (name)' it returns with a voice saying 'No Entries'.

When I say 'Phonebook', again, it replies with 'No Entries'

When someone calls me, the mobile number is shown on the screen and not the name.

I thought it may be permissions in android on the phone however I have given the sync full access...

When I paired my (Windows) phone first time, after the phone paired there was a security warning on the phone asking me if I wanted to "allow" the phone book to download, I did that, and it took a couple of minutes to do that, then it was fine... Try re-pairing your phone?

Hi, I occasionally have this problem with my Focus Mk 3.5 (which has Sync 2). If I un-pair my iPhone and re-pair it that seems to fix the issue.

Have had the same issue at times. 

I have just updated the software, see thread on updating sync, this is supposed to cure this problem and has other benefits too.

Okay so the "automatically download phonebook" wasn't selected, so i ticked that and pushed the "download phonebook" button.. all good!

My Samsung galaxy s4 connects fine and if you have a pic next to the person on your phone the pic shows up on the screen also.

• 3 years later...

I have a ford focus mk3 2011. My Samsung A51 is connected but says phone book is empty what can info?