Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior and exterior mods for mk7.5 fiesta zetec

zak.d

10 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

I recommend installing an LED strip in the boot to compensate for the awful built in light. It's easy to do, £15 off of eBay and a 30 minute job maximum. Looks the business.

Or get these SMD panel fit one either side and they light the boot up brilliantly 

8 minutes ago, yunii said:

Hi mate , when you say u have to headlining thats understandable but what part do you cut on stock trim? Yunii

The fiesta surround is held in place by a plastic section with a screw in it, screw is then screwed into a metal bit which is welded on the inside of the steel roof, The mondeo surround doesn't have this plastic part & screw, so you've got to cut up the fiesta surround and fit into the mondeo surround, this has to be done, if not then the mondeo surround is loose and will sag.

• Like 1

The fiesta surround is held in place by a plastic section with a screw in it, screw is then screwed into a metal bit which is welded on the inside of the steel roof, The mondeo surround doesn't have this plastic part & screw, so you've got to cut up the fiesta surround and fit into the mondeo surround, this has to be done, if not then the mondeo surround is loose and will sag.

Is this sort of glued on ? Was wandering about this & how it was held on looking at the mondeo trim. Thanks.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

Or get these SMD panel fit one either side and they light the boot up brilliantly 

Yeh I considered it, only reason I didn't was cos it still comes from the side, whereas where I've fitted my LED strip, I think you'll struggle to get a better lighting.

Considering putting in another boot light on the left hand side just to keep up a good symmetry as I did see a good guide somewhere however for what it achieves, its a bit too much hassle for a small light. 

You can see the pathetic default yellow light in the right hand corner, going to replace it with a white LED bulb just for appearance sake. LED strips are the way forward in my opinion!IMG_0155.thumb.JPG.7dd45047aacdfcca06703cd8599ec150.JPG

31 minutes ago, lwatson99 said:

Yeh I considered it, only reason I didn't was cos it still comes from the side, whereas where I've fitted my LED strip, I think you'll struggle to get a better lighting.

Considering putting in another boot light on the left hand side just to keep up a good symmetry as I did see a good guide somewhere however for what it achieves, its a bit too much hassle for a small light. 

You can see the pathetic default yellow light in the right hand corner, going to replace it with a white LED bulb just for appearance sake. LED strips are the way forward in my opinion!IMG_0155.thumb.JPG.7dd45047aacdfcca06703cd8599ec150.JPG

I fitted one of the led panels to either side of my focus, huge improvement, not quite as bright as yours though IMG_7713.thumb.JPG.64d1ed3ee6fc0c2a1de8a291198405e1.JPG

Ive not a clue why Ford choose to put just a light on one side? 

i dont have a light the casing with he bulb fell into the trim behind and i just couldnt be bothered to fish it out how did you wire these in.

49 minutes ago, AlexBartlam said:

i dont have a light the casing with he bulb fell into the trim behind and i just couldnt be bothered to fish it out how did you wire these in.

If I were you, try and fish it out as thats the wires I used. If it bell behind the trim, remove the spare wheel boot floor cover, and you should be able to slide your hand under the trim and grab it. If not, then you should with a bit of luck fishing around be able to grab it.

Fitting it was a lot easier than I expected, simply get the led strip and a knife/scissors and strip the Ford light cables slightly enough to make metal to metal contact to work out the positive and negative. 

once you know which is which, just crimp them together using crimp clamps and the jobs a good 'un.

If you wire it into the boot light wires (which Is what I recommend) then the LED strip will only turn on when you open the boot and turn off when you close it, saving battery

nice one thanks do you have a link to the strip you used.

16 hours ago, yunii said:

Is this sort of glued on ? Was wandering about this & how it was held on looking at the mondeo trim. Thanks. Yunii

Not glued on as such but all welded together with a special welding liquid. Normal gluing [superglue or two part epoxy will fail after some time]

2 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

nice one thanks do you have a link to the strip you used.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201476386311?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=500656172397&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the exact one i used. I have to say, reccommend the seller as I messaged beforehand as I wasn't entirely sure about whether I could do it (very new to car modding) and very helpful plus there are instructions in the box.

I reccommend the version i've given you a link for as its the most practical, however they also sell a version with a switch which you click to manually turn on and off. Only downside to that version is (A) you have to do everything manually and (B) You could leave it on accidentally and drain the battery.

Hi guys I want to add the dress up kit to my 5 dr fiesta, any help on how I should go about doing it. thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club