Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 fiesta st

JoeZS19

2 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Not sure that article is well informed:

"Fuel economy will also drop from the 148g/km CO2 of its predecessor."

A drop in fuel economy, as measured by CO2 readings...

It also mentioned a 1.5 three cylinder? Is there such a thing?

There will be.. that's why I'm expecting it to be a while until the ST is available

i think it will still be 4 cyl, with 1.5 but not with the intergrated intercooler in the inlet manifold. a separate intercooler. 

I'll will be revealed in around 48hrs ladies and gents 

I'm looking forward to this tomorrow and let's hope it's not a disappointment 

On 02/22/2017 at 7:04 PM, iantt said:

i think it will still be 4 cyl, with 1.5 but not with the intergrated intercooler in the inlet manifold. a separate intercooler. 

Looks like you might be right. The page doesn't exist but Google obviously indexed it from somewhere.

tmp_12658-IMG_20170224_07544536189436.jpg

Looks good if real deal, do want. Better be available in a 5 door though:

fiestast.jpg

fiestast2.jpg

Looks like they are using the same bumper as the ST-Line, but black lower parts.

I can't listen to vid at the mo though..... Will have to wait till lunch.

Haha - posting my tweetings on here... I feel famous..lol

• Like 1

Not keen. Doesn't have the sharp edges or aggressive looks like an ST should have. 

Also, sounds very much like a 3 cylinder...

16 minutes ago, Dal. said:

Haha - posting my tweetings on here... I feel famous..lol

I've just been watching twitter for talk on the Fiesta ST, lol. Didn't know it was anyone on here.

2 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

Not keen. Doesn't have the sharp edges or aggressive looks like an ST should have. 

It will be based on the 1.5 4 cylinder if the snippet google grabbed from the Sun is correct. Hopefully as Ian said, without the water cooled IC.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

I actually like that its going for a more stealth/subtle look, but I also like the civic type R so I guess I'm a hypocrite.:laugh:

• Like 1

Just now, Pullock said:

I actually like that its going for a more stealth/subtle look, but I also like the civic type R so I guess I'm a hypocrite.:laugh:

I'm exactly the same, I love the look of the Civic Type R, but also look forward to a more subtle looking ST.

I think the ST-Line has actually been made more aggressive, so that's why the ST doesn't look so different.

Suits me though.

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'm exactly the same, I love the look of the Civic Type R, but also look forward to a more subtle looking ST.

I think the ST-Line has actually been made more aggressive, so that's why the ST doesn't look so different.

Suits me though.

ST 5 door is the perfect car they've created, the new fiesta is really growing on me I'm starting to like it more and more. Can only imagine what the waiting list will be like though.

2 minutes ago, Pullock said:

ST 5 door is the perfect car they've created, the new fiesta is really growing on me I'm starting to like it more and more. Can only imagine what the waiting list will be like though.

Well my PCP deal isn't up until Oct 2018, but I'm planning to get in the queue, seeing what the RS is like, lol.

If I change it early I'll still be happy.

I'm finding the Focus a tad big, but I still want a 5dr ST.

Sounds like it will have driving modes too, so hopefully switchable dampers which means an ST-Line type of ride in normal mode, but switchable to more like the current Fiesta ST when needed.

I think it looks good, but not for an ST. To be fair they did say the new Fiesta line was made to be more subtle and grown up.

@Paramanic What were you saying about the intercooler mate?

At least sharing more parts with the ST-Line the economies of scale should hopefully mean they can keep the cost down.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Well my PCP deal isn't up until Oct 2018, but I'm planning to get in the queue, seeing what the RS is like, lol.

If I change it early I'll still be happy.

I'm finding the Focus a tad big, but I still want a 5dr ST.

Sounds like it will have driving modes too, so hopefully switchable dampers which means an ST-Line type of ride in normal mode, but switchable to more like the current Fiesta ST when needed.

Coming from a fiesta to a focus I find it a tad big too parking has been more difficult and I cant squeeze through some gaps anymore.

As for practicality I don't notice that much difference between them, actually had more room in the fiesta under the boot floor due to not having a spare wheel unlike now. By far my biggest gripe is this 5 speed box, its very rare it won't pop out of reverse which gets very annoying.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I've just been watching twitter for talk on the Fiesta ST, lol. Didn't know it was anyone on here.

It will be based on the 1.5 4 cylinder if the snippet google grabbed from the Sun is correct. Hopefully as Ian said, without the water cooled IC.

36 minutes ago, dfriel2 said:

Early 2018 and with a 1.5 3cyl engine.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/97192/all-new-2018-ford-fiesta-st-unveiled-with-197bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

@alexp999 Don't wanna say I told you so, but I told you so :laugh:

I know the sound of my little 3 cylinder too well!

Just sounded like a symposed 4 pot.

But I guess it's a 3 pot.

I'm all for it, just didn't expect them to use a new unannounced engine on it.

1.0 sounds awesome, so hopefully the 1.5 with exhaust valve will sound even better.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club