Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which tyres for st150

Patrico777

Hi

im not sure which tyres should I get for my st150 my budget is toyo t-1r or yokohama parada spec 2 or any other advice ? 

IMG_6033.JPG

My experience of road Toyos was not good (track tyres are ok) and their reputation isn't brilliant. We tried the Parada Spec 2 tyres on my friend's race car, they were dire with tonnes of understeer no matter what you did and several seconds off the pace of Pliot Sport 3s (now on his road car and appalling in the wet apparently).

Is the size 195/50/15?? Lot's of choice and nothing too expensive. I would seriously think about Pilot Sport 3s, or a cheaper option would be Vredestein Sportrac 5s. I've been using these on the Fiat Barchetta and they are excellent in all conditions. This link may be useful:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/15-Inch-Tyres/195-50-15-Tyres.htm

1 hour ago, dfriel2 said:

My experience of road Toyos was not good (track tyres are ok) and their reputation isn't brilliant. We tried the Parada Spec 2 tyres on my friend's race car, they were dire with tonnes of understeer no matter what you did and several seconds off the pace of Pliot Sport 3s (now on his road car and appalling in the wet apparently).

Is the size 195/50/15?? Lot's of choice and nothing too expensive. I would seriously think about Pilot Sport 3s, or a cheaper option would be Vredestein Sportrac 5s. I've been using these on the Fiat Barchetta and they are excellent in all conditions. This link may be useful:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/15-Inch-Tyres/195-50-15-Tyres.htm

So toyos or yokohamas not good choice?? Mine are 205/40/17

56 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

So toyos or yokohamas not good choice?? Mine are 205/40/17

Definitely some better options. If the budget doesn't extend to Contis, Michelins or Goodyears, I'd have a look at Avon ZZ5 or the Falken ZE914. They get decent reviews even though they're not massive money. I'm trying Rainsports at the moment, they've been really good through the winter, but will be interesting to see what happens in warmer / drier weather.