Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Front Rattle / Clunking

Quint

My car, a Focus 2.0 TDCi, has been experiencing rattles that are progressively getting louder and annoying. It happens mostly on uneven roads, small bumps, and humps, but not really on the big potholes. Drop links / stab links, lower arm/ ball joints, shock mounts, engine supports and stab bar bushing replaced, but the rattle persists. I'm beginning to think that its the CV joints but need to be sure. If it is, would appreciate it if someone can get point to me the part number & brand that they used so I could get this issue sorted out. Thanks!

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the jargon, arb? What is it exactly?  

I think he means 'anti-roll bar'

That took me all of 10 seconds to type, result? - Clarity

I do mean anti roll bar

The bushes on it to be exact.

On 22/02/2017 at 4:22 AM, Quint said:

My car, a Focus 2.0 TDCi, has been experiencing rattles that are progressively getting louder and annoying. It happens mostly on uneven roads, small bumps, and humps, but not really on the big potholes. Drop links / stab links, lower arm/ ball joints, shock mounts, engine supports and stab bar bushing replaced, but the rattle persists. I'm beginning to think that its the CV joints but need to be sure. If it is, would appreciate it if someone can get point to me the part number & brand that they used so I could get this issue sorted out. Thanks!

I had a similar noise, It ended up being the very front exhaust mounting. It had broken and was rattling like hell when you gave the car the beans. Maybe check around there?

Yes, replaced the small ARB bushings as well. 

I also checked on the welds. Its all good. 

Busted stabiliser links again contributed to this rattle, as well as the niggling of front right wheel bearing. Had to replace both bearings though. I still hear some bearing-like noise after the replacement and unsure if its the rear wheel bearings, or the tires, or the front intermediate drive bearing found in the middle of the right drive shaft. Has anyone replaced this. I noticed that mine didn't have any boot cover on it, and was wondering if others had theirs covered?