Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Power steering pipes

Ford_lover38

Hi guys,

I've been told that due to a design fault (where the power steering pipes leak) the power steering pipes from the pump have been redesigned. I have found one online in the link below, can you tell me if this is the new redesigned one?

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_power_steering_hose_2005_to_2008_f_1743278_c_755.htm

that's the same as the one i fitted to mine a few years ago.. you need to replace the union nut ..i have to say i didnt enjoy doing the job the old nut gave me some problems undoing ..mine has the mechanical pump if  that helps

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ford_lover38 said:

Thanks mate

Are you sure it's a power steering leak that caused your leak mate? No point in going around replacing problems if it's not the root cause of your problem.

P.S: Your profile says you have a 2009 model (facelift - Mk2.5) car, but the part you linked to is for the non-facelift (Mk2) model. Isn't the one below for your car correct?

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_power_steering_hose_2007-2011__f_1743278_c_769.htm

For reference, the parts that were replaced on mine were:

(1) F1747039 (for automatic models only)

(2) F4747355 (the union nut)

EDIT: Also, I'd recommend ordering any parts from your local dealer's parts department if you want to save a bit of money - mine were cheaper than on the site you linked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Are you sure it's a power steering leak that caused your leak mate? No point in going around replacing problems if it's not the root cause of your problem.

P.S: Your profile says you have a 2009 model (facelift - Mk2.5) car, but the part you linked to is for the non-facelift (Mk2) model. Isn't the one below for your car correct?

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_power_steering_hose_2007-2011__f_1743278_c_769.htm

For reference, the parts that were replaced on mine were:

(1) F1747039 (for automatic models only)

(2) F4747355 (the union nut)

EDIT: Also, I'd recommend ordering any parts from your local dealer's parts department if you want to save a bit of money - mine were cheaper than on the site you linked.

Your sir are a good man! Thanks for taking the time to find the right part for me, much appreciated :)

The cause of my leak is still unknown but I have a appointment with a garage next week who will have a look at it for me and let me know. The reason for wanting to know about the pipe is purely in preparation, just incase they want to fit new pipes I want to make sure they fit the right one. Your information has been really helpful to that effect and also the tip about asking the Ford dealer, I shall give that a shot too. I'll let you know the outcome of the "leak" in the other post if I ever find out what it is lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ford_lover38 said:

Your sir are a good man! Thanks for taking the time to find the right part for me, much appreciated :)

The cause of my leak is still unknown but I have a appointment with a garage next week who will have a look at it for me and let me know. The reason for wanting to know about the pipe is purely in preparation, just incase they want to fit new pipes I want to make sure they fit the right one. Your information has been really helpful to that effect and also the tip about asking the Ford dealer, I shall give that a shot too. I'll let you know the outcome of the "leak" in the other post if I ever find out what it is lol

You're welcome mate, glad to help other members where I can  👍

• Like 1

question was is the part listed the new design sorry didn't check to see what car you own,  the listed item is the updated version for my car ..just looked at the receipt and i paid £86 from local ford inc the union nut  i used the green power steering fluid (WSA-M2C204-A2) as that's what is in the handbook and was already in my reservoir (from new) ....flushed and refilled  while i was at it receipt is dated 4 years ago ..mine was leaking from the union but was advised to change the lot - as it turned out i had to cut the pipe to get the nut off (turned into those days)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ferretfloozy said:

question was is the part listed the new design sorry didn't check to see what car you own,  the listed item is the updated version for my car ..just looked at the receipt and i paid £86 from local ford inc the union nut  i used the green power steering fluid (WSA-M2C204-A2) as that's what is in the handbook and was already in my reservoir (from new) ....flushed and refilled  while i was at it receipt is dated 4 years ago ..mine was leaking from the union but was advised to change the lot - as it turned out i had to cut the pipe to get the nut off (turned into those days)

Thanks mate, good to have all this knowledge in my pocket.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club