Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA space saver wheel

ANDY J

Hi I have just bought a 2016 Fiesta ecoboost and want to purchase a space saver wheel.  The tyres on my car are 195/45/R16. Could anyone please tell me exactly what size space saver I need as it seems very confusing as the car has 16 inch wheels so do 14 or 15 inch space savers fit. Any help to prevent me buying the wrong wheel would be much appreciated. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/02/2017 at 0:36 PM, ANDY J said:

Hi I have just bought a 2016 Fiesta ecoboost and want to purchase a space saver wheel.  The tyres on my car are 195/45/R16. Could anyone please tell me exactly what size space saver I need as it seems very confusing as the car has 16 inch wheels so do 14 or 15 inch space savers fit. Any help to prevent me buying the wrong wheel would be much appreciated. Thank you 

AFAIK fiesta space savers are all the same - the larger wheels just have lower profile tires§ meaning the total circumference stays the same.  The one in my Fiesta is a 14" (can't remember the exact measurements), but its basically a 14" Fiesta wheel with a higher profile tyre on it .  The proper screw to attach the wheel to the well isn't cheap btw (think it was £10+) and you will also need a jack and wheel brace if the wheel is to be any use.  

On my previous mk7 fiesta I used spare wheel/jack/brace from an old Focus which I got on eBay for £40.  Problem with that obviously is you dont know the history of the wheel and a replacement tyre was impossible for me to come by locally.  I'll try remember to look at the measurements of the genuine wheel when I'm out at the car next for you.

EDIT: 175/65 14 is the size according to a quick online search.  

• 3 years later...

Hi Everybody, I have just bought a 2013 Ford Fiesta my wheel/tyre size is 195/45/16 their is no spare wheel, I have gone on all groups and scrap dealers, struggling to find the size. If I get a space saver, what size will be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

It should be easy to find a spare as they are all the same (apart from ST). They all have the same tyre 175/65 14 on a steel wheel. The one from my Brothers 2006 Mk6 fits my 2018 Mk8. The ST had bigger front brakes, so used a 15 inch wheel with a skinny tyre. The only trouble I have is the spare is shorter than standard 17 inch low profile wheel/tyres. However it is only to be used to get puncture/tyre fixed/replaced. 50mph/80kph max speed.

I must admit I still prefer a spare wheel/tyre of any sort rather than relying on compressor and goo.