Do Not Sell My Personal Information

99.9 mpg

csbid

Hi guys ,

I have a 2015 Focus Zetec S and the trip computer shows me an average fuel consumption of 99.9 mpg , if I switch to liters per kilometers it shows 1.6 l/100 km, when I bought the car it was 5,2l/100km(I am using l/100km as it's much easier for me)

I recently filled the tank untill the pump stopped and after a bit more than100km I went back and fill it again , it was 5 l that i needed to fill the tank again

Is that the real average fuel consumption of the car , and if yes does anyone know why is such big difference of what the car shows and how to fix this

Thanks

20170214_170316.jpg

Mine did that a while back and I had to reset the average mpg to get it working again.

Are you sure it was in the average (top right) not the current mpg (bottom left) as whenever you come off the throttle and coast so to speak it will show up as 99.9mpg.

My focus does this if I drive at 30mph on a flat road no hills ect in 4th gear my foots just resting on throttle n it shows up 99.9mpg. Just shame all the roads weren't flat n smooth would be great.

Resetting the average mpg seem to fix this , I hope it's not a temporary fix , I'll keep you posted in a couple of days after it settles down 

Thank you guys for your ideas

On 22/02/2017 at 11:23 PM, Pullock said:

Are you sure it was in the average (top right) not the current mpg (bottom left) as whenever you come off the throttle and coast so to speak it will show up as 99.9mpg.

It was definitely the average figure on mine.