Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Managed to get 60.0 going to the gadget show live on weds (from manchester, down the m6) :D

Madness, motorway miles or what?

My work journey is about 5 miles of country roads, 15miles A roads and 13 motorway miles,

Driven it hard on current tank, 45.7mpg. Sheel fuelsave petrol.

Ive got the 1.6 petrol and has anyone else noticed that driving in 4th rather than 5th @ 40mph increases MPG(on the insta-comsumption anyway) does for me consistantly, Im not entierly sure why but it does for me. Been doing it the last few weeks and seems to make a difference. Normall get between 320-350 to a tank-Current tank was on 280miles and the 50 mile light came on, Can do more than 50 on the yellow light, drive 90% city miles, Drive like a 20year old lad sometimes, drive like an eco warrior the others kinda balances itself out a suppose. Got a J1 Induction Kit and Milltek Cat Back these will dent the MPG slightly.

Jay

Ive got the 1.6 petrol and has anyone else noticed that driving in 4th rather than 5th @ 40mph increases MPG(on the insta-comsumption anyway)

I reckon its because you are using engine braking more to regulate your speed rather than coasting or footbraking. B)

Had my 1.6 TDCi for 2 months now and the last tank i did 566 miles till i filled up. The computer reckoned id got 19 miles left and it took 39.7 litres to fill. The average consumption was 66.7mpg

Had my 1.6 TDCi for 2 months now and the last tank i did 566 miles till i filled up. The computer reckoned id got 19 miles left and it took 39.7 litres to fill. The average consumption was 66.7mpg

*jealous*

Though I'm gonna need to fill up today - beat my personal best and currently at 495miles with 45 miles left! :D

EDIT: 62.3mpg get in! :D:D:D

Quick question. You guys are all very knowledgeable so hoping you can help.

Last week, I was a bit low on petrol so went to the Morrisons near my work. I only put in £25 coz I always use the Tesco just beside my house. Anyway, since then (and i've put in Tesco fuel again this past Monday) my MPG is falling. The car has only done around 1200 miles and it was doing nicely and my MPG was rising, but this week the car has felt sluggish.

Any clues anyone ??? Thanks, Jackie

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. You guys are all very knowledgeable so hoping you can help.

Last week, I was a bit low on petrol so went to the Morrisons near my work. I only put in £25 coz I always use the Tesco just beside my house. Anyway, since then (and i've put in Tesco fuel again this past Monday) my MPG is falling. The car has only done around 1200 miles and it was doing nicely and my MPG was rising, but this week the car has felt sluggish.

Any clues anyone ??? Thanks, Jackie

supermarket fuel sucks according to some people, never tested it myself.

How many miles does your tank have left when the light comes on? Mine states 50miles - is that the same for everyone?

I'm getting 41MPG from my 1.6 petrol, was hoping for closer to the 48 quoted figure as I'm a very gentle driver but my car only has 250 miles on the clock so hopefully it'll improve as the engine does more mileage.

How many miles does your tank have left when the light comes on? Mine states 50miles - is that the same for everyone?

Yep

I'm getting 41MPG from my 1.6 petrol, was hoping for closer to the 48 quoted figure as I'm a very gentle driver but my car only has 250 miles on the clock so hopefully it'll improve as the engine does more mileage.

Mines got over 5k miles on it now and has never even got 40mpg (real mpg, car has quoted 44)!

My best so far is 62.3 mpg :)

Dang can't change my vote

Dang can't change my vote

Why not? There's a 'Delete My Vote' button?

Why not? There's a 'Delete My Vote' button?

don't work on iPhone, works on IE though. updated accordingly, as is my sig :)

when i bought my 1.6 zetec s tdci, it had 54.5 and after 2000 miles it just keeps creeping up. It just hit 57mpg tonight, hopefully it keeps going :rolleyes:

I did manage to get my 1.6 diesel to show 60mpg one day, but it was just so boring. Average driving I'm getting mid 50's....

anyone getting less than 40mpg on a mk7 diesel impress's me! This current tank of fuel, I've been putting the foot down trying to get the lowest mpg possible and the lowest its been is low 40's

anyone getting less than 40mpg on a mk7 diesel impress's me! This current tank of fuel, I've been putting the foot down trying to get the lowest mpg possible and the lowest its been is low 40's

I like this, the reverse mpg challenge!

Just stay in 2nd gear for speeds of up to 60mph, 3rd for 70! Or were you referring to only using reverse gear?

I wasn't but that again is another challenge in the making lol

Not sure how accurate the mpg display is on the mk7, but last nite at 65mph it showed a steady 71.4mpg, my avarage is 54.4mpg, the car is a 1.4tdci with just over 500 mile on the clock.

I'm currently getting 61.3mpg, but its a very boring drive.

I'm currently getting 61.3mpg, but its a very boring drive.

61mpg ? damn !! :blink: im doing 48 - 51Mpg half motorway/ half town , in a ZETEC S TDCI with 5800 Miles!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club