Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

26mpg :lol: - you are aware the car has more than 2 forward gears aren't you? :rolleyes:. And what's this other car you're after then?

26mpg :lol: - you are aware the car has more than 2 forward gears aren't you? :rolleyes:. And what's this other car you're after then?

Yes but i have mountune and like to hear the exhaust lol, going for a mazda rx8, unreliable, crap on oil and fuel but had a test drive and i loved it so... possibly have it by tomorrow night.

Ah right, I considered the rx8 myself last year but then disregarded it due to reading about problems with flooding and as you say the bad fuel economy. But they do look good though.

Ah right, I considered the rx8 myself last year but then disregarded it due to reading about problems with flooding and as you say the bad fuel economy. But they do look good though.

I'll stick a pic on if i get it tomorrow. I work in a garage and brother is a mazda tech there so hopefully any problems will not be too expensive. As for fuel, i'm already bad with that anyway lol

I've got the S1600 134 bhp and I'm averaging 43 mpg at present although it should improve slightly as it's only done 2500 miles!

Yes but i have mountune and like to hear the exhaust lol, going for a mazda rx8, unreliable, crap on oil and fuel but had a test drive and i loved it so... possibly have it by tomorrow night.

That's the rotary engined (Wankel - developed by NSU) car then ? That would explain the poor mpg. Should be very smooth though.

That's the rotary engined (Wankel - developed by NSU) car then ? That would explain the poor mpg. Should be very smooth though.

Yeh that's the one. The MPG is not much lower than what I'm doing in the fiesta really so I'm not bothered, the tax is the only thing that's pretty high compared to the fiesta.

I complained for 30-35 MPG with my mk7 1.25 petrol....but guess what ?I jinxed it....last tank i did 20 MPG. I don't know what the hack is going on???? I WAS in lot of traffic jam last week but come on, 20 MPG for such a small car. I better buy Boxter....

I'm getting an average of 42.5 in my 1.6 Zetec-S and I do about 50:50 between short joureny and long motorway journeys, drive pretty normally I'd say but like to give it a good thrash now and again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a 1.25 and have been getting around 48-50mpg on a 200 mile journey with premium unleaded. Did it again with bog standard petrol and only got about 44mpg.

Town driving usually gives me about 37/38 but on the more expensive petrol I had it at around 40+ at the same points.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so on my 1st fill up Trip computer was saying 73.3 MPG. When i did my calculation worked out to be 75.73 MPG :)

Ok so on my 1st fill up Trip computer was saying 73.3 MPG. When i did my calculation worked out to be 75.73 MPG :)

did you just roll down the hill to get that? lol

I'm quite impressed with my S1600 getting 47mpg!! tho it's not normally that good 37.4 the norm but the last week iv left my lead foot at home lol

did you just roll down the hill to get that? lol

No 85% of my trips are on the M1, think the 50mph average speed limit might help :D

No 85% of my trips are on the M1, think the 50mph average speed limit might help :D

I can easily believe your mpg, CLGR as my 1.6 TDCI would easily do over 60mpg even on very short trips and an average speed of about 20mph ! My current 1.4 petrol auto only does about 38mpg under the same conditions in the summer. As I have commented before, these mpg figures drop considerably in the winter as the engine doesn't reach operating temperature but this is to be expected(the TDCI struggled to reach 50 and the auto does nearer to 30).

I can easily believe your mpg, CLGR as my 1.6 TDCI would easily do over 60mpg even on very short trips and an average speed of about 20mph ! My current 1.4 petrol auto only does about 38mpg under the same conditions in the summer. As I have commented before, these mpg figures drop considerably in the winter as the engine doesn't reach operating temperature but this is to be expected(the TDCI struggled to reach 50 and the auto does nearer to 30).

Yes i know, my old car (Peugeot 207, petrol) managed to be to mid 50's in summer months, dropping to mid 40 in the winter. but hope this car will do a lot better.

I changed my alloys from 16" to 15" last week and have seen an improvement in my MPG, now getting an indicated 45.5 MPG (ignore my Fuelly signature below, haven't updated it for months).

As a matter of interest, the display on trip computers on previous cars I have owned & driven have shot up to 99mpg (obviously a maximum on the display) when I have coasted (just as an experiment you understand!) after resetting almost immediately and stayed there a while. The Fiesta trip computer does, of course go right up but comes down within a couple of seconds. Does this different behaviour indicate that the Fiesta computer output is more stabilised,damped or whatever ? Is it more accurate than earlier trip computers on cars ? Mine reads about 6% high in general.

As a matter of interest, the display on trip computers on previous cars I have owned & driven have shot up to 99mpg (obviously a maximum on the display) when I have coasted (just as an experiment you understand!) after resetting almost immediately and stayed there a while. The Fiesta trip computer does, of course go right up but comes down within a couple of seconds. Does this different behaviour indicate that the Fiesta computer output is more stabilised,damped or whatever ? Is it more accurate than earlier trip computers on cars ? Mine reads about 6% high in general.

If I take my foot off the accelerator it will read 99.9mpg until I press down again. My mpg computer under reads by an average of 2,83% (whereas the miles remaining under reads by 77%!)

I changed my alloys from 16" to 15" last week and have seen an improvement in my MPG, now getting an indicated 45.5 MPG (ignore my Fuelly signature below, haven't updated it for months).

wow that's hardcore environmentalism, sacrificing wheel size for the polar bears

right on! give peas a chance and all that! :lol::lol:

Does anyone here uses 'Premium' Diesel ( BP Ultimate Diesel , Shell V-Power Diesel.....) ? is it worth it ? any extra power and/or fuel economy ?

tks

Had my Mk VII since June, and I've been pretty consistently turning in 30-31 MPG...but US gallons, not imperial.

If I take my foot off the accelerator it will read 99.9mpg until I press down again. My mpg computer under reads by an average of 2,83% (whereas the miles remaining under reads by 77%!)

Mine definitely doesn't do that, it will hover around 70 - 80 mpg before quickly settling down again.

Curious that both your mpg and miles remaining readout accuracies are the opposite to mine (my mpg is optimistic and 'miles left' pessimistic, both of which are what you would expect).

My son's 2006 Mondeo trip computer also reads mpg about 6 % high.

Does anyone here uses 'Premium' Diesel ( BP Ultimate Diesel , Shell V-Power Diesel.....) ? is it worth it ? any extra power and/or fuel economy ?

tks

Yes I do, no it doesn't :)