Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

09 zetec and ive been getting 35 max driving sensibly and around 28 if i put my foot down

my diesel's economy was much better after its first service, up by about 4mpg on average

so any new diesel owners who aren't happy with their MPG be patient! now i get about 50mpg if i drive it like i stole it, 56mpg normal round town and 62mpg if i drive like a granny.

so any new diesel owners who aren't happy with their MPG be patient!

What mileage are you on now?

my diesel's economy was much better after its first service, up by about 4mpg on average

so any new diesel owners who aren't happy with their MPG be patient! now i get about 50mpg if i drive it like i stole it, 56mpg normal round town and 62mpg if i drive like a granny.

MPG improved for me after 15k (service was at 12.5k) - I'm on 32k now after just 18 months =/

I get between 35-40 mpg. Whether I drive sensibly, like no harsh acceleration or the opposite.

I've heard you can disconnect the battery for a bit to reset the mpg on the ECU, as I'm told the ECU learns your driving style. I bought mine with 16k on the clock. I drive a lot on the motorways, I can reset the trip before I leave, do 70mph and still just about get 40mpg, with sensible driving.

It is recommended that if you disconnect the battery that you should drive a minimum of 10 miles to allow the car to relearn your driving style.

just hit 13000. 1st service was in december at a dealership

i heard on the grapevine that in the volvos they reprogram the ECU at the first service to take account of the loosened up engine - they use ford diesel engines (but perhaps a 2+2=5 moment!)

i work for nissan - i think they do for our diesels too, tho obviously ours are made by renault and fall apart before their first service anyway :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a trip of 1100 miles over 5 days 53 MPG 4000 on the clock so not to bad.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

It's all about how you drive it. I struggled to get over 39.5mpg.. Until I started changing gears earlier and not booting it past the 4,500 mark. I now get 44mpg and I'm driving the 1.6 Zetec S.

Trip says 65.7, my working out says 63.5, either way decent :P

weve got Fessy Zetec S 1.6tdi and the Mrs gets low 50s around town the best we had was on a run at 60-65mph and we got 60mpg .

I get 37.4 to be exact on my 1.4 pet I can never get it higher and this does lower depending in how I drive lol

I get nowhere near the advertised 60mpg combined in my 1.4 TDCi... I traded in a 1.4 Peugeot 207 HDi for this because the advertised economy was better. With the 207 I could get to Essex and back on £15 driving frivolously (£10 if I drove carefully). With the Fiesta, it takes me £17 driving economically and anywhere up to £22-23 driving frivolously. It is the WORST purchase I've ever made, and I'm never ever going to buy one again. It's burning a huge hole in my pocket and I can't afford to give it back... so now I'm stuck struggling with a car that's made my life worse.

I took it to the dealership and they told me I was getting 54.4MPG, which is 'very good'. It's also a lie, the guy managed to check for leaks, check the brakes, take it on a dual carriageway up to 70 miles an hour and come back to the dealership and sit down in front of me again all in the space of 15 minutes which I found very impressive, considering the nearest duel carriageway was a considerable distance away. And those checks, blimey! Must have been incredibly thorough in that space of time. So on the way home, assuming he reset the MPG meter I absolutely hooned it, and it still said 54.4MPG no matter what I did, so obviously it's inaccurate as hell. I reset it once again myself, while flooring it... and obviously it gave me like 23something MPG.

They refuse to admit there's anything wrong with the amount of fuel it uses, and tell me I'm getting an MPG that most people would be 'proud of'. I was proud of my 207 getting me to work and back on £15 a day, instead of basically what is now £25 a day for the same drive...

Also filling up this tank to the brim for roughly £60 quid, it tells me I have 440 miles. In the 207, filling up the same amount, I got 625...and believe me, that actually was accurate. Oh what a mistaka to maka.

Anyone enlighten me as to whether there's anything wrong with my car, or does it just inherently use stupid amounts of diesel for no reason? Using 6 miles driving a mile down the road is obviously acceptable.

Have you properly worked out your mpg? e.g. brim the tank, note the mileage, drive, brim again. Divide the litres used by 4.54 (to get gallons) then divide your miles by that number.

Well I work shifts on a rota system so some weeks I work loads and sometimes I get weeks off... so it's difficult to really obtain an accurate figure as some days I'll be driving to work and sometimes I'll just be driving to friend's houses and stuff in town... but in the interests of finding out whether my car actually has a genuine problem I'll do it the next time I fill up. I think I'm also gonna put some of that diesel fuel cleaner stuff in (as long as that's an okay thing to do while recording MPG) as it was originally a motability car, which I bought with 17,000 miles about a month ago. Judging from the state of it, it wasn't really used much as there's no cosmetic imperfections and I think the person couldn't drive very well cos the clutch seems kind of poo... and makes a really irritating tapping on your foot when fully depressed while sitting stationary.

So yea, in summary... next time I fill up, diesel fuel cleaner or whatever it's called and brim the tank, then note the mileage on my trip down to 0. Sound good? (Although when I enter the red zone it tells me like 70miles to go, then at the very bottom of the red zone it still tells me 50... so I don't think I'll be trusting that to get me home)

Oh and PS. Is my car supposed to tell me when to change gear? Cos I can see there is an up arrow on the dashboard... but it never lights up. Is my car just lacking that feature or is it broken?

Oh and PS. Is my car supposed to tell me when to change gear? Cos I can see there is an up arrow on the dashboard... but it never lights up. Is my car just lacking that feature or is it broken?

It's standard on the Econetic Fiesta, then was rolled out to other models (I believe) in 2010.

Oh fair do's, I wonder what that light is for then?

Oh fair do's, I wonder what that light is for then?

The dash on all Fiesta's in the same - to cut down costs. You have the light, it just doesn't do anything.

FWIW My Diesel 60 place Econetics tensd to do 60.5 to 61 most times.

Not sure how the computer calcualtes it as if it's over total miles hard revving should never make much odds but sometimes does.

I've had my 2012 Econetic since 1st March. I do 60 miles per day in rush hour on A3/M25/M3 and it has gradually crept up to it's current average of 60.2 MPG. Will try the real test at some point, when I remember the method (fill/drive/fill/convert/divide)!

yeah i was quite concerned about mine aswell but driving at about 50+ i can average about 55.2 atm but thats driving and paying attention to how i used the accelerator but driving around without a care for fuel about 43.3 ish

yeah i was quite concerned about mine aswell but driving at about 50+ i can average about 55.2 atm but thats driving and paying attention to how i used the accelerator but driving around without a care for fuel about 43.3 ish

That does sound low...

If I drive at 50-60mph taking care with the throttle I comfortably get 64-65mpg. If I'm really careful it creeps up to near 70mpg.

Normal stop start driving on a cold engine never drops below 53-54mpg.

Not done 1k miles yet so expecting things to improve a bit over time.

1.4 manual petrol getting 45mpg on the trip and 40mpg according to my spreadsheet. Not too shabby and although I have been careful (particularly keeping revs down since its new) I haven't been driving particularly economically either.

I have a 1.6 Tdci with about 30k miles. It travel 90 per day with about 80% of the journey on the motorway at 65mph on cruise control. I'm averaging 50mpg. My route to work does have a few large gradient which affect the mpg and i have 17" alloys and wider tires. On longer flat runs I have had 60-70mpg. So depending on how you drive and the terrain, I can see it varying a lot. However, I did expect to get a lot more from it as I also had access to a company 2.0 gt tdi golf, when I drove that I could get 50+ mpg even when driving fast.

I did expect to get a lot more from it as I also had access to a company 2.0 gt tdi golf, when I drove that I could get 50+ mpg even when driving fast.

Presumably though the Golf was a six speed? That can make a big difference depending on your routes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club