Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Now I am getting interested in this topic. After 15.000 km with my car I've started to understand that the Fiesta 1.6 (at least mine) has a relatively high fuel consumption. I get around 10 litres for 100 km (only city driving). With a full tank (42 litres) I can drive around 420 km. (again city driving)

Don't know what you guys think but I find it much for what the car does. By the way, I need to mention that I am not driving like a maniac :D

Does this sound bad?

I get around 10 litres for 100 km (only city driving). With a full tank (42 litres) I can drive around 420 km. (again city driving)

That's 28mpg, 260 miles to a tank for all the UK readers ;)

Does this sound bad?

Yes, very!

That's 28mpg, 260 miles to a tank for all the UK readers ;)

Yes, very!

Do you think something might be wrong or it's fairly common? (for this petrol engine of course)

small addition to the post, recently got my fiesta metal, loving it so far! covered only 640 miles in 13 days! so far im being a bit careful and not over revving etc but am happy with my 35mpg figure and this is slowly climbing up and up.

very happy with it so far and does handle incredible!!

Ive just done 400 mile in petrol 1.4 3 door titanium and showing as 30 mpg

Only been driving my new 1.25 5dr Fiesta Zetec since Friday and it has approx 175 miles on the clock. Been taking it gentle so far and the onboard eco computer is rating me at 5/5 for gear changes, 5/5 for anticipation and 5/5 for speed so I can't physically drive it any more economically than I am right now. The car is showing 38mpg (approx 340 miles per tank or 16p per mile) for an average speed of 24mph which is a bit disappointing to be honest, does that sound about normal?

edit: just used the whatcar mpg calculator thing and it tells me for my car, driving conditions, driving style etc that the mpg should be 38.2 so I guess that answers my question.

I get 33.4 out of my S1600(134) but the engine has only done about 1300 miles so it needs some running in

I do a 18 mile round trip to and from work 4 days a week, normal 30mph roads and get 37.8 mpg

I get 38 mpg out of my fiesta metal doing 60% motorway on my 40 mile round trip to work and cars only done 1300 miles so should get better and I do rev it alot as its got to be done, so I'm very pleased with that mpg.

MPG on my 1.4 Mk 7 Auto has worsened since I've had it from a high of 38 (calculated) right down to 32 (calculated) just recently. This contradicts the trip computer reading which shows 36.6. The computer has always read optimistically but not that far out. I might take it in to have it checked along with the (worsening) noisy brakes. Mileage is just under 9000.

Driving conditions : Very short journeys and ever so gentle right foot !

• 2 weeks later...

Mpg on my titanium econetic 61 plate was about 50mpg all short journeys about 4 miles per day. My mileage is now 3500. Last weekend I went to Sheffield from Edinburgh via the A68 and M1 and got 55mpg keeping well within the speed limits. On the return journey home I stayed on the M1 A1 and got 64mpg.

Did a 750 miles round trip of the country last week for work (Hertford-Bristol-Bridgend-Birmingham-Telford-Bury-Keighley-Doncaster-Melton Mowbray-Soham-Hertford) and averaged 68.4mpg which I was very happy with!

I filled up in Bridgend and reset the computer and then drove to the edge of Birmingham via M4/M5 with no traffic and averaged 72.3mpg on that stretch which was about 100 miles. Unfortunately, the next morning I had to go into central Birmingham in the rush hour and that brought it back down to reality.....

Still, very happy overall!

• 3 months later...

I get much better mpg on dual carriageways (50mph), when I hit the motorway though it averages 60-61mpg, the rev counter is around 2.5K for 70mph and almost 3K for 80mph. Is this normal? never paid attention to revs and mpg's on my previous car (it didn't have a trip computer!)

I have a 1.4 diesel, and this is based on the trip computer only

For anyone who has a Petrol 1.25... you can get about 50mpg by not having a lead right foot and only accerlerating till the light flashes up to change gear.

Was getting about 330 miles (around 40mpg) from a full tank before the light was coming on. Now on to get over 400 miles just from changing how I drive!! May be boring but if you want more miles out of a tank this is an easy way to do it!

I get 35-45. HIGHLY recommend using V-power or something, if you use Shell, get a Shell card, i just got £5.50 of free fuel voucher.

The ecu is self learing, once it recognises the higher more efficient fuel burning rate it compensates, takes about three tanks worth to become fully effective

I get 35-45. HIGHLY recommend using V-power or something, if you use shell, get a shell card, i just got £5.50 of free fuel voucher.

The ecu is self learing, once it recognises the higher more efficient fuel burning rate it compensates, takes about three tanks worth to become fully effective

I was told V-Power is pointless on any engine smaller than 2L. The difference in MPG doesn't normally make up for the increased cost on smaller engines.

As long as you don't stick low octane "City" Fuel in the tank (mostly found at supermarkets), then you should be fine.

Biggest influence on mpg and easiest thing to change is heavy acceleration. Most of the energy is used up in getting the car back up to speed after stopping and how quickly - it's just physics. Roaring away from traffic lights only to brake heavily at the next ones a few hundred yards away is the worst thing you can do. If I see the lights some way ahead on on red, I start slowing down early, then sometimes I don't have to stop at all as they have changed to green by the time I get there. One of my advanced driving instructors told me this is what they teach HGV drivers to do to save fuel on such big vehicles which obviously need a lot of energy to get moving.

As mine is an auto, it's not the best, fuel wise !

All this without overdoing it, of course and annoying the driver behind as I've had experience of myself !

I swear by it, may cost a couple of quid extra but im averaging 340 miles a tank

I can get over 400 miles from using normal fuel in a 1.25! Less aggressive acceleration is the best way to get more miles, not using different fuel in my opinion!!

I get 32-37mpg in city driving, 40-47 on trips, up to 43 with A/C on trips.

And I agree with Magenta, driving nevrously definitely decreases mpg. When driving in a hurry, or in a really hot temper, I have reached down to 30mpg. I agree that having a higher quality fuel helps a bit, but I think its more up to one's driving. Sometimes driving economically annyos the drivers after me, and gives the opportunity to others in the next lane to sneak just in front of me. So much for soft braking...

1.6L petrol, manual transmission. About 34000km (21000miles).

I purchased a March 12 econetic 1.6TDCi early in July with ~900 miles on the clock. In the past 2.5 months I have covered 5748miles and have put 80.60 gal of diesel in - that equates to an average of 71.39mpg. I tend to cruise at around 58-60 mph on motorways and have a 12mile each way daily commute to work which is a mix of rural and urban A roads - best tankfull so far was 518miles for 6.73 gal (30.58L) - which was 77.0 mpg maily motorway from Devon to Scotland via merseyside.

I've not been that impressed with my 1.25 fuel economy, however it's only done 400miles as of yet. How long intill I can expect better fuel economy?

Regular motorway trip to work and very little urban driving.

I don't believe the trip but measure by brimming the tank and counting the miles and its averaging 56 mpg after 6000 miles. When I first picked the car up the mpg was low but I expected that from a new engine.

My Mondeo TDCi 2.0 took 8K miles to loosen up before the mpg improved so I expect the Fiesta to do the same.

I swear by it, may cost a couple of quid extra but im averaging 340 miles a tank

I got 416 miles from one tank from my 1.6 Ti-VCT using standard supermarket fuel, but that was on one long distance run.

There shouldn't be any difference between supermarket fuel and Shell/Esso/BP etc. Standard 95 octane sold at the pumps should all meet the EU and British specification BS EN 228 for unleaded petrol. They all come from the same refineries. Maybe somebody could enlighten us?

Supermarkets will meet minimum standards, branded fuels will exceed them ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club