Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

Chris Ecc

Mk 7 MPG  

476 members have voted

1. 1. What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

• Petrol: 20-30 Mpg
    • Petrol: 30-40 Mpg
    • Petrol: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 20-30 Mpg
    • Diesel: 30-40 Mpg
    • Diesel: 40-50 Mpg
    • Diesel: 50-60 Mpg
    • Diesel: 60-70 Mpg
    • Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...)
    • Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...)

Just filled tank up at the weekend (trip computer said 2 miles left) computer read 39.9mpg and actual calculations show 39.76 so i'd say the trip computer is pretty damn accurate. Was combined driving 3.5 hours on motorway coming back from cardiff and the rest on country lanes. Was averaging 42mpg for the motorway only which i thought would have been much more. I have the 1.25 petrol engine

1.6 petrol with dress up kit geting 29mpg ! went 100 miles (motorway driving) in 5 gear at about 50 mph and still only changed 0.3 !!!!! whats going on ?

To answer your question, nothing.

Because that is average mpg you are seeing. Your 100 miles is only a percentage of your total miles since the computer was last reset, so your mpg will only alter by a percentage too and a very small percentage at that.

Say your car has done 3000 miles since you last reset, your 100 miles only relates to 3.3% of your total mileage.

So,

30 mpg average for 2900 miles equates to 96.6 gallons of fuel used.

45 mpg average for 100 miles equates to 2.2 gallons used.

So, for 3000 miles you have used 98.8 gallons which works out at 30.36 mpg.

So, that gives you a grand total of 0.36 mpg increase. ;)

How many times did you change your numbers until you got a '0.3' out? :)

Similarly I picked up my car with 6miles on the clock at 15mpg average. Probably lots of shuffling round a yard and a few stop/start trips. I didn't reset it. After some commuting and a 100 mile motorway trip it now says 45mpg average. Hopefully it will stabilise the right side of 50.

Similarly I picked up my car with 6miles on the clock at 15mpg average. Probably lots of shuffling round a yard and a few stop/start trips. I didn't reset it. After some commuting and a 100 mile motorway trip it now says 45mpg average. Hopefully it will stabilise the right side of 50.

I didn't, I just used a lucky guess of 3000 as it wouldn't be mega mileage due to the newness of the car. B)

To answer your question, nothing.

Because that is average mpg you are seeing. Your 100 miles is only a percentage of your total miles since the computer was last reset, so your mpg will only alter by a percentage too and a very small percentage at that.

Say your car has done 3000 miles since you last reset, your 100 miles only relates to 3.3% of your total mileage.

So,

30 mpg average for 2900 miles equates to 96.6 gallons of fuel used.

45 mpg average for 100 miles equates to 2.2 gallons used.

So, for 3000 miles you have used 98.8 gallons which works out at 30.36 mpg.

So, that gives you a grand total of 0.36 mpg increase. ;)

i have never reset it ??? how do i lol ............ your 3000 is correct thats what my car has done ! thankyou very useful info there

sam

it makes alot more sense now i know you can reset it ! thanks

i have never reset it ??? how do i lol ............ your 3000 is correct thats what my car has done ! thankyou very useful info there

sam

Click through the options using the stalk selector, when on the MPG option press and hold the button. This also detailed in the manual.

MPG will briefly be all over the place but will settle to an accurate value after about 10 miles, although if all you do is short town journeys I would give it 30 miles.

sam

As Jonny said for reset.

At least you know the computer is pretty accurate. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just this morning I reached 48mpg on my 1.6 Titanium for the first time, I was amazed! If I had continued driving in the same way I think it could have reached 49-50mpg, but it was boring, so i'm back to 46.

50mpg has got to be as good as it gets from the 1.6

Just this morning I reached 48mpg on my 1.6 Titanium for the first time, I was amazed! If I had continued driving in the same way I think it could have reached 49-50mpg, but it was boring, so i'm back to 46.

50mpg has got to be as good as it gets from the 1.6

Last week I drove from Birmingham to Preston and back again, up and down the M6 with about 10 miles of City driving in the middle and averaged 42mpg with the cruise control set to 75mph on the motorway. You must've been driving in serious eco mode to get 48, I'm impressed! :)

My mk6 1.25 used to really struggle on the motorway, as it had very little power at the top end in 4th and 5th gear. Last weeks journey the fuel cost £26.50 and I remember I did the exact same run once in my mk6 (drove slightly faster that time though and petrol was a couple of pence per litre more expensive) and it cost £39!

Last week I drove from Birmingham to Preston and back again, up and down the M6 with about 10 miles of City driving in the middle and averaged 42mpg with the cruise control set to 75mph on the motorway. You must've been driving in serious eco mode to get 48, I'm impressed! :)

My mk6 1.25 used to really struggle on the motorway, as it had very little power at the top end in 4th and 5th gear. Last weeks journey the fuel cost £26.50 and I remember I did the exact same run once in my mk6 (drove slightly faster that time though and petrol was a couple of pence per litre more expensive) and it cost £39!

I have to admit that the 48mpg was helped alot by a long section of roadworks with the cruise set to the speed limit of 50mph. After the roadworks I cruised at 60mph for a further 30miles

If the motorway hadn't been empty like it was i wouldn't have bothered because people who drive below motorway cruising speed do get on my nerves a bit lol! But now I know there really are massive gains to be had from driving 60. Easily get 6-7mpg more dropping from 70 to 60

• 4 weeks later...

mine was around 33 then i did a few days steady driving and got it too 41.7 at its highest

Mines just hit a new milestone 37.4 MPG!!!! :lol:

The best mine has got was 49.7 MPG / 5.5 L per 100km on an average trip. However, I've seen high fours for the litres per 100km.

Now it's averaging 33.6 mpg which is respectable. It used to be a lot higher, then I guess it just decieded to be eco-friendly.

• 2 months later...

Getting my 1.6TDCI in 11 weeks time (5th July 2010) in Frozen White with full dress-up kit.

I will be clocking up about 120 miles on my daily commute on the M5. ( so about 35,000 miles annually with other trips etc )

Will let you know my mpg when I get it.

Seems that my 1.6 is putting out better fuel economy with age. Rolled over 4k during the weekend.

Its been showing something like 35mpg on the instruments for most of the time I've had it, but now its hovering just below 40mpg, even with some 'spirited' driving.

Seems to be telling me that I'll get over 350miles to a tank, which is much more like it.

The trip computer is telling me I average around 39

But I think its around 34 really

now mine has a few thousand miles on the clock its getting around 44-46 mpg which i'm happy with!

now mine has a few thousand miles on the clock its getting around 44-46 mpg which i'm happy with!

I've done about 100 miles from this tank and am averaging 45mpg too. With fuel prices so high at the moment it looks like we're all going to be a bit more gentle on the loud pedal.

are there any derv owners getting close to the magical combined value of 64mpg?

i'm miles off.. everyone keeps telling me the engine needs to be broken in and i should wait until 20000miles until i get those figures, surely thats just BS?

• Like 1

1.4 petrol..

I filled up and reset the average mpg before going for a 130 mile drive last week, mainly main roads but with two trips through town and a fair bit of twisty B-roads, and the average was 47.9mpg!

It has now dropped to 43mpg with a few days of the 6 mile trip to work, as long as it stays over 40 I'll be happy. I'm only on my 2nd tank of fuel since getting the car and I'm pretty impressed so far - it's waaaay better than my old focus was doing. :)

I've done about 100 miles from this tank and am averaging 45mpg too. With fuel prices so high at the moment it looks like we're all going to be a bit more gentle on the loud pedal.

Drove past Shell earlier and it was 118.9 which is disgusting!

Im looking about 350 miles from this tank if i control meself and dont go hammering it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club