Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Fiesta Mk 7 MPG

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

Poll: Mk 7 MPG (469 member(s) have cast votes)

What MPG are you getting out of your Mk 7?

1. Petrol: 20-30 Mpg (18 votes [3.79%])

Percentage of vote: 3.79%

2. Petrol: 30-40 Mpg (162 votes [34.11%])

Percentage of vote: 34.11%

3. Petrol: 40-50 Mpg (101 votes [21.26%])

Percentage of vote: 21.26%

4. Diesel: 20-30 Mpg (3 votes [0.63%])

Percentage of vote: 0.63%

5. Diesel: 30-40 Mpg (8 votes [1.68%])

Percentage of vote: 1.68%

6. Diesel: 40-50 Mpg (86 votes [18.11%])

Percentage of vote: 18.11%

7. Diesel: 50-60 Mpg (66 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

8. Diesel: 60-70 Mpg (23 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

9. Petrol: 50 Mpg + (Really...) (2 votes [0.42%])

Percentage of vote: 0.42%

10. Diesel: 70 Mpg + (Really...) (6 votes [1.26%])

Percentage of vote: 1.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 lmclaney

lmclaney

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

I'm averaging 50MPG now, it was about 48MPG the other week and I don't drive slowly.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

now mine has a few thousand miles on the clock its getting around 44-46 mpg which i'm happy with!

I've done about 100 miles from this tank and am averaging 45mpg too. With fuel prices so high at the moment it looks like we're all going to be a bit more gentle on the loud pedal.

#48 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

are there any derv owners getting close to the magical combined value of 64mpg?

i'm miles off.. everyone keeps telling me the engine needs to be broken in and i should wait until 20000miles until i get those figures, surely thats just BS?

#49 Crieffy

Crieffy

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Mk7 1.4 petrol

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

1.4 petrol..

I filled up and reset the average mpg before going for a 130 mile drive last week, mainly main roads but with two trips through town and a fair bit of twisty B-roads, and the average was 47.9mpg!

It has now dropped to 43mpg with a few days of the 6 mile trip to work, as long as it stays over 40 I'll be happy. I'm only on my 2nd tank of fuel since getting the car and I'm pretty impressed so far - it's waaaay better than my old focus was doing. :)

#50 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

I've done about 100 miles from this tank and am averaging 45mpg too. With fuel prices so high at the moment it looks like we're all going to be a bit more gentle on the loud pedal.

Drove past Shell earlier and it was 118.9 which is disgusting!
Im looking about 350 miles from this tank if i control meself and dont go hammering it :unsure:

#51 Parkesie

Parkesie

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

1.6 petrol normal driving hovers around the 46mpg mark be a uber eco nerd driver and it creeps up to 50mpg but i need to get places in something resembaling time. Worst it drops to is 40mpg if were doing alot of town driving.

#52 zetecpete

zetecpete

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta zetec s

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

35/38 mpg on average,short journeys to work etc.

#53 mark t

mark t

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

Would be be that I need to go for long drives to get the high MPG, the 12 miles to work and 12 miles back an't doing it, plus I seem to do twisty country roads on random drives!

#54 Strutter

Strutter

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Titanuim Dress Up Kit, 17s

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

Just about 1300 on the clock and im hitting 43.3, tho im mostly motorway driving, could this get better as the engine beds in over the new few thousand?

#55 Maffoo

Maffoo

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

Seem to do about this in a 50 zone, although I think the computer may be telling porkies...

#56 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

Seem to do about this in a 50 zone, although I think the computer may be telling porkies...

it's doable at 50mph but who drives that slow in reality.

on a side note, i was getting abismal economy out of my 1.6 derv but after kicking off at ford they had the car in and reset and updated the PCM and now economy is far better and am hitting 50mpg around town which isn't far off the 54mpg claimed in the book.. well happy :)

#57 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

75.4!!!! Thats insane! :blink:

#58 roversok

roversok

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

I drive the 1.6 petrol mark 7 zetec s and a Merc C class 2.7 diesel i get 32mpg from the little light weight modern ford with all the Eco technology built into it and 51.2mpg out of my 10 yr old heavy none eco built Merc on the same journey,
I made a mistake buying this Fiesta and will admit it it was the fact I had a scrapper to put in that made me get a brand new car, I now wish I had sold the scrapper for a few hundred quid put the rest of the money together and bought a high quality well built car with good return of fuel like a BMW 330 around 4 yrs old more luxury, better miles to the gallon and a better sell on price in 2 yrs time,
The build is no good on Ford, the after care is no good from Ford, the MPG for such a small modern car is quite frankly terrible, the nasty water based paint is showing more chips every Sunday when I wash it, For a sports model its slower than most standard cars even has the old very heavy drum breaks on the back.

#59 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

I drive the 1.6 petrol mark 7 zetec s and a Merc C class 2.7 diesel i get 32mpg from the little light weight modern ford with all the Eco technology built into it and 51.2mpg out of my 10 yr old heavy none eco built Merc on the same journey,
I made a mistake buying this Fiesta and will admit it it was the fact I had a scrapper to put in that made me get a brand new car, I now wish I had sold the scrapper for a few hundred quid put the rest of the money together and bought a high quality well built car with good return of fuel like a BMW 330 around 4 yrs old more luxury, better miles to the gallon and a better sell on price in 2 yrs time,
The build is no good on Ford, the after care is no good from Ford, the MPG for such a small modern car is quite frankly terrible, the nasty water based paint is showing more chips every Sunday when I wash it, For a sports model its slower than most standard cars even has the old very heavy drum breaks on the back.

Out of (genuine) interest, do you reckon you'd feel the same way if you had the 1.6 TDCi? If you compare to the equivalent petrol Mercedes and BMW, it wouldn't perhaps look so stark!

#60 sussex

sussex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

I now have a 1.6 petrol ZS.

I got 51.9 mpg on the drive from Peterborough to the South Coast when I took delivery, I am getting 42.3 mpg on my drive to work (26 miles each way, mix of single/dual carriageway, motorway and a few 30/40 limits.

Drove like an absolute angel yesterday to see what I could get and got 56.2mpg on a 20 mile journey B)

My 1.6 petrol is giving my better mpg with 1k miles on the clock that my 1.4 petrol did after 17k miles

Im running on 17"'s too

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users