Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights

Niickm93

I can't seem to find a thread I was looking at a few months back about the best and legal white headlights that can be used! 

Can any one tell me which are the best please 

thanks 

Osram night breakers are commonly stated but they have short lifespans. There is no easy/cheap legal way to get a proper, HID type light on your car.

I've never has an Osram bulb blow on me and I always use these. It maybe because I always garage my cars and therefore it is not subject to the lovely British weather.

I have used the Osram Nighbreakers for my past few cars and have to say they are amazing.  I think I have only had one blow on me and that is on my current car.  I was using the nightbreaker unlimited's but the ones that are in atm have been in for quite a while.  You can get them on eBay for under £15 a pair so there not too expensive and make a huge difference over the standard OEM bulbs.  They are perhaps not the crisp blue/white light you get with HID's but they are pretty good.

I've got H7 Osram Nightbreaker Laser's and H1 Unlimited fitted in my ST.

Ive had a few Osram's blow on me over the years, but on price they beat the Philips equivalents hands down.  Saying that, I swear by Philips bulbs and have yet to have any reliability issues with them.  To get a truly white/blue light you'll need to go either for a halogen bulb of questionable legality such as Philips Crystalvision or Osram Cool Blue Hyper+, or HID's (illegal unless fitted from the factory for the reasons someone has already mentioned above).  As for legal bulbs, the current contenders from the big 2 manufacturers seem to be Philips Whitevision or Osram Cool Blue Intense.  IIRC Ring do an equivalent as well, but you dont see them about as much.  You can get either the Osram or Philips easily online.

I use the osram cool blue intense main, dipped and side lights and find they are very bright. My work colleagues made a comment on how bright they were last night also. 

Good prices for them onlime.