Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Misfire

Budgie650

After servicing my 52 plate Ka,changed plugs,oil change,air filter change,the engine now misfires when putting your foot down,could it be a dud spark plug,or the HT leads.

After servicing my 52 plate Ka,changed plugs,oil change,air filter change,the engine now misfires when putting your foot down,could it be a dud spark plug,or the HT leads.

Did you check the gaps on the plugs when fitting them?

plugs now come ready gapped...could be got the wrong plugs!

Did you get some grease on an electrode maybe?

or the HT leads not quite clipped on?

plugs now come ready gapped...could be got the wrong plugs!

Did you get some grease on an electrode maybe?

or the HT leads not quite clipped on?

Fitted the right plugs,no grease on the electrode,and the HT leads are all fitted correctly.

Does it miss at idle???

If so, remove the leads one at a time as its running, (then replace obviously!) and see which one makes NO difference to the misfire...then turn engine off and inspect plug...see what colour it is, and look VERY carefully at the ceramic...may have the tiniest of cracks!

what make of plugs did you use?

also, if it does miss at idle...take it to the darkest place possible, lift bonnet, turn all lights off and look out for any little lightening jumps from the Ht leads/coil to the engine :)

Piggy :)

• 3 weeks later...
Does it miss at idle???

If so, remove the leads one at a time as its running, (then replace obviously!) and see which one makes NO difference to the misfire...then turn engine off and inspect plug...see what colour it is, and look VERY carefully at the ceramic...may have the tiniest of cracks!

what make of plugs did you use?

also, if it does miss at idle...take it to the darkest place possible, lift bonnet, turn all lights off and look out for any little lightening jumps from the Ht leads/coil to the engine :)

Piggy :)

Engine does not misfire on tickover,have removed plugs one by one all nice colour no obvious cracks on ceramic,could i have a dud spark plug