Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth upgrading to a Black Edition?

Bevis

Afternoon all! 

I smashed up my Fiesta Metal :sad: so now in the pursuit of a new car I've seen a 65 plate, 140ps Black Edition (20K miles, £10,590) however I've also been offered another Fiesta Metal for £7995, with 20k miles...

Now with my job and me moving, I need a Fiesta that can certainly eat up the miles (100 mile round trip) and even with good driving on my route I'd be looking at 300 miles in the metal and needing to get myself to a petrol station - so my main question here is can the ecoboost deliver with it's mileage claims (Not expecting the world here but at least better than the old car).

Secondly, the metal was an absolute dream to drive and it was definitely a car that gave me a lot of confidence - Do these ecoboosts do the same? I know the chassis will be (relatively) identical but with a bit more oomph can you still throw it about?

I kind of feel like going back to another metal, I'd be disappointed after the "bond" I had with my old one... 

Any help would be great! 

My dad gets around 47-50MPG from his mainly motorway commute. About 25 miles each way.

Really recommend the upgrade. Had two Red Editions and both great, driving at slightly less than 70mph gives around 55mpg but these small engines mean you're punished for much higher speeds as they have to work harder. Full or charisma though, and powerful when you want them to be. 

My Ecoboost 100 gives me in excess of 50mpg on a run.

St-Line 140 (essentially the same as a red/black edition), around 48mpg on a mixed road 30 mile commute. Handles very well, similar to ST but not as harsh and obviously not quite so quick but quick enough for most situations..

If you start chucking it around like a hooligan and doing over 80 on motorways though you'll be getting under 40mpg