Do Not Sell My Personal Information

being nosey

Russ

Used ElmConfig today to see if any errors were thrown up after someone told us all 4 of our focus mk2 facelift indicators were flashing (like the alarm had gone of yet no one had heard it going off). Nothing showing up in ElmConfig except an old code relating to the auto wipers which i havent reset but i was wondering if anyone knows what BBS tamper relates to? 

error3.jpg

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Battery Backup Sounder?

No idea but it's sure got me puzzled.

i'd say bonnet switch sensor

which will result in alarm going off if opened while armed............

;-)

The bonnet switch sensor is called Hood Ajar.

BBS is indeed battery Backed up Sounder. BBS Tamper means that the alarm is activated because the system detects a possible theft attempt by disconnecting the battery backed up sounder. However this can also be caused by a defective battery backed up sounder. The indicator lights flashing without the sound of the battery backed up sounder also suggests that there may be a problem with the battery backed up sounder.

Thanks for the info JW. I'll keep my eye on that. First time it's happened, and I'd only parked up in our drive after visiting the dentist!

On 25 February 2017 at 6:33 AM, JW1982 said:

The bonnet switch sensor is called Hood Ajar.

BBS is indeed Battery Backed up Sounder. BBS Tamper means that the alarm is activated because the system detects a possible theft attempt by disconnecting the battery backed up sounder. However this can also be caused by a defective battery backed up sounder. The indicator lights flashing without the sound of the battery backed up sounder also suggests that there may be a problem with the battery backed up sounder.

Just wondered, any idea where it's situated on a 2008 focus, the cost of a replacement? It hasn't went off again and I've checked my battery which appears to drop voltage from 12.5 - 12.2 ish within an hour of parking up after a run. The battery and alternator have been checked and both 'appear' to be ok so I'm wondering if the battery in the sounder could be drawing from the battery pulling the voltage down?