Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 to 2.5 V6. possible?

colin_d

Hello mates.

1) Is it possible to put an 2.5 V6 Engine in my car? (It has 2.0L Engine now)

2) Does anybody know, if i can buy a NEW engine 2.5 V6 from Ford? (I guess that I can)

3) How much is the cost of a new engine?

4) Is there anybody here who had made this change?

My car has approximately 150 HP now with my modifications, but they are few, I wish it had more power.

post-10902-1260873432_thumb.jpg

Hello mates.

1) Is it possible to put an 2.5 V6 Engine in my car? (It has 2.0L Engine now)

2) Does anybody know, if i can buy a NEW engine 2.5 V6 from Ford? (I guess that I can)

3) How much is the cost of a new engine?

4) Is there anybody here who had made this change?

My car has approximately 150 HP now with my modifications, but they are few, I wish it had more power.

yes, sure its possible, new engine from ford, £2000+, exhaust, ecu, plus other aux parts, so best bet is to buy one, as the cost, plus hassle, is just not practical, hope this helps.

yes, sure its possible, new engine from ford, £2000+, exhaust, ecu, plus other aux parts, so best bet is to buy one, as the cost, plus hassle, is just not practical, hope this helps.

Thank you! The change of the engine is in my plans. Unfortunately I had to give much money in other priorities, insuranse (200 e), tax (300 e, I haven't declared the change of 2.0L engine yet, so in papers my car seems to have 1.6L. If i had declared the change, the price of tax would be 596 euro), service (480e because I put new timing belt). Maybe I will make the change of the Engine in 2010, I hope so. I would like to have more power. Here is a video on youtube with my car. The sound after 4.000 rpm is great! (the video was with 2.0L engine but the exhaust system was from 1,6 at that moment) Sorry for my English guys..I am the guy with colin_d nickname but i made a new one because i had some problems. thanks again

buy a v6 mondeo....job done! cheaper, easier, and simpler...and more time to enjoy!

I have searched, it is very very difficult to find a v6 mondeo here in Greece my friend! (The nickname "colin_d and McRae_FAN" are both of them mine. I registered as McRae_FAN firstly, but there were some problems. I thought the reason was that I had declared Greece, and the site is for UK and Ireland. So I registered again and I declared Ireland in colin_d nickname, that is why appears IRELAND. I won't write anything like "colin_d" again. :) )

I have searched, it is very very difficult to find a v6 mondeo here in Greece my friend! (The nickname "colin_d and McRae_FAN" are both of them mine. I registered as McRae_FAN firstly, but there were some problems. I thought the reason was that I had declared Greece, and the site is for UK and Ireland. So I registered again and I declared Ireland in colin_d nickname, that is why appears IRELAND. I won't write anything like "colin_d" again. :) )

then how do you plan to find a v6 engine!? :lol:

seriously, while your waiting and searching, save up, find a nice one, sell yours for procedes, be cheaper on all fronts :)

Is greece left or right hand drive?

then how do you plan to find a v6 engine!? :lol:

seriously, while your waiting and searching, save up, find a nice one, sell yours for procedes, be cheaper on all fronts :)

Is greece left or right hand drive?

I plan to find an engine via ford here in greece, from service of ford etc. (I would like to be a new engine) Maybe the engine of st200 is better solution because the 2,5 is 170 hp isn't it?Greece is left hand drive. But I will do what you said. While seraching, i will try to find one :)

I plan to find an engine via ford here in greece, from service of ford etc. (I would like to be a new engine) Maybe the engine of st200 is better solution because the 2,5 is 170 hp isn't it?Greece is left hand drive. But I will do what you said. While seraching, i will try to find one :)

fricking expensive mate from ford...they come completely bare...your probably looking a 2k minimum, thats with no injectors, cables, alternator, A/C pump, PAS pump, engine mounts, mainfolds, exhaust....etc etc...all you get is head, block and a dipstick...PLUS there will be a huge surcharge coz engines new are usually exchange and you aint got one to give back! :lol:

It would seriously be cheaper for you to jump ship, buy a right hand drive ST mondeo, then go home and get it put to left hand drive!!

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club