Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus titanium navigator infotainment upgrade

Bengi88

Hey people,

I'm new to the forum so go easy. I'm just about to buy a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Navigator 1.6TDCi I the only thing I'm not keen on is the screen used for the sat nav and DAB. It's so small in comparison to the newer shape 2015 focus with the 7inch touch screen. Is there any way of replacing the one I have with the new one of upgrading the screen whilst keeping all the features.

Cheers

Ben

2 hours ago, Bengi88 said:

Hey people,

I'm new to the forum so go easy. I'm just about to buy a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Navigator 1.6TDCi I the only thing I'm not keen on is the screen used for the sat nav and DAB. It's so small in comparison to the newer shape 2015 focus with the 7inch touch screen. Is there any way of replacing the one I have with the new one of upgrading the screen whilst keeping all the features.

Cheers

Ben

I guess it may be possible but expensive given it means new console/switches etc to accommodate the 8" display plus hardware module to support Sync 2 or 3 and probably software update.  When I enquired about the parts to go from Sync 2 to 3  the UK cost in parts alone was north of £800. That excludes any software patching skills needed and bear in mind the dash console/switches didn't need changing so that would be an additional cost.

In all honesty probably easier to wait and find a MK3.5 with this feature as standard if it's really important.

• Like 1

Hi Ben. Yes it is possible But it costs well over £1000 to do. I enquired about doing that to my previous Focus (14 plate tit x ).
It does Not mean new console etc as the unit from the mk3.5 fits straight in. It's the electronics behind it all and the caffuffle of module reprogramming and software configuration etc etc etc.
I didn't bother and just upgraded the sound system instead.
The screen in the mk3 isn't that small. It's not bad actually and you get used to it.

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

It does Not mean new console etc as the unit from the mk3.5 fits straight in. It's the electronics behind it all and the caffuffle of module reprogramming and software configuration etc etc etc.

By new console/switches I mean the console that's surrounds the display and houses vents, hazard switch, CD slot, infotainment switches etc. I think the images below show Mk3 4" (?) and Mk3.5 8" (older sync 2) version difference and how the console is very different. Mk3.5 looks much better to my eyes.

I don't know if the entire MK3.5 console/dispay section is sold as one but it's wholesale change. 

ford-focus-mk35 dash.jpg

Ford-Focus-new-mk3 dash.jpg

Avi. Have you actually taken the radio out on a mk3 focus? I have. The vents and display and radio buttons come off as One piece. The hole left is exactly the same as the mk3.5 would be after its had its radio removed. I know as I've had a mk3.5 radio in my mk3 just for curiosity sake (a car radio dealer had one from a customer car). I'm not trying to argue. I'm simply stating fact.

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Avi. Have you actually taken the radio out on a mk3 focus? I have. The vents and display and radio buttons come off as One piece. The hole left is exactly the same as the mk3.5 would be after its had its radio removed. I know as I've had a mk3.5 radio in my mk3 just for curiosity sake (a car radio dealer had one from a customer car). I'm not trying to argue. I'm simply stating fact.

I'm not trying to argue either.  I think we are talking at cross purposes. :smile:

Ford UK sell the 8" capacitive Sync 3 LCD display for £205.59 + vat and Sync 3 APIM for £462.63 + vat. These parts don't include any console/facia/audio system components so it's not a "straight swap complete module" for older models unless additional parts are purchased to provide the new console/facia etc to put back. Obviously this cost a lot more and I'm simply saying these additional parts (maybe sold as a complete unit) need to be purchased because the OP can't  save money using the existing sync console/facia/buttons and just fit a bigger screen.

That's alright then. Benji if you really want the bigger screen then find a mk3.5 focus and not a mk3. If finance is the issue then please do believe me when I say you'll get use to the mk3 screen in no time. The sat navigation is very good and clear to see. It's not In Your Face like the larger screens are and personally I prefer it than the big screen in my mondeo.

Let me put it out there. You will need a complete new centre console, an APIM upgrade along with other module upgrade, the screen, etc. It can be done but its blooming expensive and you might as well trade the car for one with the system pre-installed, plus the parts would probably have to come off an American MK3 Focus as we didn't get all that until the MK3.5 facelift.

Secondly, there is no MK4 focus yet.

9 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Secondly, there is no MK4 focus yet.

????

Well Bengi you've been awfully quiet since you posted your thread. What have you decided to do about your headunit etc?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club