Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buy fiesta st-line 140, or titanium 125 and mountune

baggister

OK Finally decided I'm going to buy one of these 5 door cars: st-line 140, or Titanium 125.

My issue is I want 140hp, but I'm not a fan of the body-kit stuff on the st-line.

Firstly, are the "internals" identical between Titanium 125 and st-line140 ? Is the difference just a re-map, or are there different materials and things?

So ...

Idea 1 - I could get MR165 for the Titan, but I've been reading around that the car is noisier inside, and also out (don't want to upset the neighbours). I suspect the 140 st-line will be much more quiet. There's also other services like pumaspeed, bluefin etc. I don't mind what kind of upgrade I get, as long as it's not noisier than a standard st-line 140.

Idea 2 - get the st-line, and take off all the body-kit stuff. I don't even know if this is do-able.

Any thoughts guys and gals? Ta.

How much are low mileage second hand Titaniums?? I would definitely look at one of those, with a possible Revo map and some Eibach Pro Sport springs. The difference is the engine / drivetrain is a different head gasket and final drive ratio.

6 hours ago, dfriel2 said:

How much are low mileage second hand Titaniums?? I would definitely look at one of those, with a possible Revo map and some Eibach Pro Sport springs. The difference is the engine / drivetrain is a different head gasket and final drive ratio.

Cheers bud - yes I agree on second hand prices.

cheers for info on Head gasket and gear ratio. I'm guessing its beefed up for 140.  And i didn't realise about final drive ratio. what are the ratios?

OK, this mapping for titanium 125 sounds interesting, but will the car be noisier than a normal 140?

Cheers

The 140 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost also has a different Turbo and uprated gearbox internals.

• Like 1

The 140 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost also has a different Turbo and uprated gearbox internals.

I'm pretty sure that the 125 and 140 have the same turbo, although it's different from the 100 version. Gearboxes are identical. There's a couple of other threads about it.

The car won't be louder, it'll be very quiet unless you start changing exhausts.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC
  • Like 1

The type of turbo of the 125 HP version depends on the production date. 125 HP versions that are produced before 24-04-2014 have the same turbo as the 140 HP version. 125 HP versions that are produced after 24-04-2014 have the same turbo as the 100 HP version. (Note that these production date changes are only applicable on the Fiesta MK7.5. Other Ford models have different production date changes or different turbo's).

The IB5 gearbox that is used on the 140 HP version has a lot of different parts from the 100 and 125 HP version. The biggest differences are the different gear ratios and the uprated  input shaft.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The type of turbo of the 125 HP version depends on the production date. 125 HP versions that are produced before 24-04-2014 have the same turbo as the 140 HP version. 125 HP versions that are produced after 24-04-2014 have the same turbo as the 100 HP version. (Note that these production date changes are only applicable on the Fiesta MK7.5. Other Ford models have different production date changes or different turbo's).

The IB5 gearbox that is used on the 140 HP version has a lot of different parts from the 100 and 125 HP version. The biggest differences are the different gear ratios and the uprated  input shaft.

According to etis the ratios are exactly the same, only the final drive is different.

You are aware MR165 affects the warranty?

it shouldn't be much louder on the outside, the kit doesn't include an exhaust. 

58 minutes ago, MarksST said:

You are aware MR165 affects the warranty?

it shouldn't be much louder on the outside, the kit doesn't include an exhaust. 

Yeh i don't mind the warranty stuff.

OK, cool, looks like noise shouldn't be an issue then! thanks

11 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Hmm, really interesting, thanks.

So, a 2013/2014 125 Titanium for that turbo, or ..

St-line 140 for better internals for the gearbox, better made input shaft, and (maybe) lightly lower gears.

Damn I just found out that st-line has a 125hp version ... any idea on how this one differs to stline 140hp?

1 hour ago, Pd2 said:

As per etis my 140 gears are:

3.58 / 1.93 / 1.28 / 0.95 / 0.76

Anyone care to fire there 100/125 chassis in to compare?

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Just had a look for my 125 and can't see the ratios on there?

7 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

Just had a look for my 125 and can't see the ratios on there?

Mine were about halfway down the page.

c6d54acf83b087c5a2fd449f2d444f62_zpsnbtk[/IMG]

Strange, last time I compared 125 to 140 the box ratios were the same. Perhaps Ford have changed it again, lol

Why change the turbo,so is the 2014 a better option as the 140 turbo on it or the newer being more up date one.

• 1 month later...

At the end of it all, I have just bought a 2014 Titanium, with rear camera and satnav. about 30,000 on clock.

And actually, it's a very nice car. Possibly more suited for us, and definitely for the wife. (might get an ST just for me later)

Compared to my 2007 Fiesta Zetec, it's quicker acceleration wise, faster topspeed-wise, quieter(ish), more comfortable, more economical, more nimble, looks better, auto climate control.

And five gears is easlily enough - on the motorway, 4th was perfectly fine at 70  (2500 - 3000rpm) - 5th is a bonus.

Disadvantages - the odd tiny rattle, resonance, vibration from various points in the cabin (hard to locate). The old zetec was a little tank, absolutely solid, not a pipsqueak or rattle anywhere heard inside cabin.  And also, road noise - does depend on the road surface type ( seems to be two types on motorway).

A trade off then, but well worth it. Right, let's find those rattles! And perhaps thiknk about getting a set of Hankook primus v2