Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD Changer 6000 - Focus MK1 ????

Dagger

Hi

I believe the 6000cd that I have in my Mk1 supports a CD changer ?  

(it does say so on the front)

What type is supported

Thanks

Only the original Ford CD changers that use the Ford SCP communication protocol are supported. Back in the days Sony also offered a suitible CD changer for the OEM Ford radio's but these are even rarer than the original ones.

Later Ford models like the Focus MK2 did have a different type of CD changer that uses the Ford CANbus protocol.

Just as a thought, have you looked under the passenger seat? That's where they locate them. They are tucked away a bit.

As soon a as you put your hand under the passenger seat you'll feel it check it has the multi changer case in still too

Some cars do have the changer loom already in place under the carpet.
Take a look for the connector poking out under a seat rail.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 6 months later...

Hello, can anybody help please. I have Focus C max 2006. I had there original Blaupunkt radio with "satnav" installed, where cd changer worked fine. Yesterday fitted Sony radio from newer model. Everything is working fine, apart from cd changer. Why? Any idea much appreciatted.

The Focus MK2/MK2.5 and C-max MK1/MK1.5 Sony radio's do not support an external CD-changer. These Sony radio's were available in 2 different versions. A single CD version and a 6-CD version with built-in CD changer.

Because of the availability of the 6-CD version of the Sony radio there was no reason for Ford to add CD-changer support to the Sony radio's. 

• Like 1

As above.
Your original radio would have had a CDDJ button on it and your current one will have an AUX button instead.
Totally different connections and protocols.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club