Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Eco Boost 1.0 Litre 2014

Zoser

Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anyone has come across a servicing manual for this model yet as it has been out since 2013.  I plan to do my own plugs and filters this year to save a few pounds.  Anyone have any tips please?  Can I find out somehow what items need checking on line?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks T.  Does anyone use ETIS?  Can I log in and get information as a vehicle owner?

Edit to add:

ETIS accepts my VIN but when I select 'Generate service Schedule' I am directed to a page with several drop downs.  The most appropriate selection seems to be 'Fiesta 2013' then '1.0L Ecoboost/DPS6 (10-2012-)' the option generates an automatic error,

Not very confidence inspiring.  Anyone had the same problem?

OK sorted it.  You need Adobe Flash Player installed.  Could be useful in case anyone else has the same problem.

Original question: does anyone know if Haynes plan to release a manual for the Ecoboost?  Or have they given up because of sheer number of variant models?

you dont need a manual to change plugs or filters. no idea on haynes manual, but if you need any specific info then here is the place to post up questions. plenty of members should have the answers for you

Haynes don't do a manual for the late Fiestas.

3 hours ago, iantt said:

you dont need a manual to change plugs or filters. no idea on haynes manual, but if you need any specific info then here is the place to post up questions. plenty of members should have the answers for you

Thanks Ian.  I'll probably have  go at the air filter, oil filter and plugs.  As you say they are relatively easy.  The schedule mentioned 'Odour Filter'.  Not sure how to access that.  

That's easy enough to do as well, just a torx screwdriver needed.

Down by the clutch pedal, remove the plastic side panel by removing a plastic screw retainer. Then pull panel off (or just press clutch pedal down and bend panel in between clutch pedal and brake pedal) then you will see either 1 small torx screw to remove or 3 screws depending on age of car.