Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 PB PFL ST3 Shadow Trooper

Wheels93

Morning all,

As I am sure most of you know the Zetec has gone :'( was a sad day but needed the funds to get myself this beauty. I had been hunting for the right one since October and heard of Tezza (Terry) selling his at the start of January. I messaged him instantly and we could say the rest is history! I am positive that those of you who know Terry would agree I couldn't have found a better specimen!!

For those that don't know me, I originally had a Sea Grey Mk2 FL Zetec. It had loads of modifications and can be found on either of these two boards if interested.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/57025-ford-focus-mk25-build/

http://www.ffoc/forum/index.php?/topic/98129-focus-mk25-build/

Here's a picture to tempt if you weren't already.

DSC08068_zpsystuw06h.jpg

Right onto what you guys are interested in. Some of you may have seen it through Terry himself but I know he didn't publish this one much. Upon pickup it had a de-res OEM Pipe on it and the aerial had been changed to a colour coded Shark Fin. The exhaust sounds great for the moment so I can take my time procuring the right sports cat and catback system.

IMG_20170226_091223_zpsqugvxz97.jpg

IMG_20170226_091207_zpsajqtzdhz.jpg

IMG_20170226_090621_zpsxraociio.jpg

Whilst the car was with Terry however, I got a hardrace mount shipped over with a purple powerflex bush which he kindly fitted.

IMG-20170223-WA0003_zpszvtkg1h7.jpg

Only had the car one day but had to do some modifications to stop my fingers twitching.

First to go on was some Climair Wind Deflectors (Hardly a mod I know before someone says)

IMG_20170226_095949_zpslgrylp1t.jpg

Decided to pop the bonnet to get to work, so first job was to change old plastic mist jets for Piano Black ones

IMG_20170226_093942_zpsj65s8iq2.jpg

Then removed the airbox to fit an AS Short Shift (set to No.3, 40% Reduction Stock Location) this one is taking some getting used to!

IMG_20170226_105417_zpsbw4cyvk8.jpg

Finally for today was the fitting of the RS Airbox and the K&N/Mountune Filter (certain they are the same but rebranded)

IMG_20170226_111056_zpsik7ewxzs.jpg

Any feedback would be awesome, let me know your thoughts. I am trying to not give too much away on this one so that there is always an excuse to come back. I have a couple more bits in the garage to fit but process will not doubt come in flits and bounds.

All the best!

James

• Like 1

Well done James as i couldn't agree more that buying Tezza's car was a very smart move indeed as we all know that Tezza takes great pride in looking after his motors ;) .

I didn't say anything in Tezza's car now sold thread when you made your recent comment about meeting his family but i put 2 and 2 together due to your profile pic :) .

Any way mate wind deflectors are a mod in my book as they do affect the appearance of your Focus and the piano black mist jets look great by the way as for the hardrace mount i can only assume it improves the acceleraion by reducing engine movement and that AS short shift looks smart and i'm not surprised it's taking some getting use to with a 40% reduction as that's a hell of a drop but i'm pretty certain it won't take to long to get use to .

The airbox and filter looks really smart but the important question is how does it sound compared to stock ? ..
Any how thanks for sharing as it's been a real pleasure seeing your new pride n joy which i'm sure your already enjoying lots mate and by the way you don't need an excuse to come back although i ain't gonna complain .

Looking forward to your future updates mate .

Cheers Ian ..

thanks for sharing fella and look forward to seeing what changes you make to this car as the fl focus was a credit to you.

im sure you coudent have bought a better example than this one

• Like 1

When I bought the car it had a really niggling dent in the front nearside wheel arch. Terry tried to get this sorted for me but his body man went on walk about so I made this one of my first job! The guy that did it came from Auto Dents Leicester. Really really impressed with the work he did and charged me £50 which I thought was bang on. If anyone requires his number from the area then don't hesitate to ask! Ideal for door dinks and any niggling ripple.

IMG_20170226_091249_zps7sskruyu.jpg

IMG_20170304_144029_zpsqtha6dol.jpg

Another job I managed to get done were some 'RallyFlapz'. Had these on my old Focus and really think they set the car off and make it look a bit sportier. I know some people aren't keen but I like :)

IMG_20170304_171116_zpsmhdrz30h.jpg

IMG_20170304_171138_zpsmkau9khi.jpg

The RallyFlapz were already part of the garages inventory of parts ready to be fitted! The next job is to fit a VelossaTech Big Mouth. Waiting for that to be delivered however but ordered it three weeks ago so should be here anytime! C&C Welcome :)
  • Like 2

looking good and I also like the rallkyflapz and got them on my mk2 fl focus

Well done james, but i already had a hint that it would be tezza's although tezza said i know him but wouldnt say name i guessed it that it would be you.
Really happy for you.
Thats one awesome motor. Probably one of the best out their
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So a little bit of an update. I managed to get bag some lowering springs last week relatively company from someone that had swapped their Focus ST for a Fiesta ST. Normally I would go for Eibach but these H&R springs came in right and after researching stance I took the dive.

IMG_20170402_151513_zpsauusc5hs.jpg

Upon fitting these I found one of the front springs were snapped "/ I have unavoidably hit some pot holes over the last few weeks so this may have contributed to the shocking affects. I am tempted to right to the council to try and get some money back but I know these can be long winded processes. Once these were fitted I gave the car a real good spanking as it was in much need of one and took it out for photos :D

IMG_20170409_171514_zps3nllm8ny.jpg

IMG_20170409_171118_zpszici6x8d.jpg

Then tonight I managed to get the much anticipated Velossa Tech Big Mouth installed. It was delivered yesterday by DreamScience but I was away from home so unboxed and fitted tonight. Definitely a noticeable change in induction volume but I have not drove it yet although I highly doubt I will see any performance changes.

IMG_20170411_184201_zpsqyxjayok.jpg

IMG_20170411_211429_zpsvk2clapl.jpg

C&C Welcome :) Don't mention the dust lying on the bonnet ;)

• Like 2

So a little bit of an update. I managed to get bag some lowering springs last week relatively company from someone that had swapped their Focus ST for a Fiesta ST. Normally I would go for Eibach but these H&R springs came in right and after researching stance I took the dive.

IMG_20170402_151513_zpsauusc5hs.jpg

Upon fitting these I found one of the front springs were snapped "/ I have unavoidably hit some pot holes over the last few weeks so this may have contributed to the shocking affects. I am tempted to right to the council to try and get some money back but I know these can be long winded processes. Once these were fitted I gave the car a real good spanking as it was in much need of one and took it out for photos :D

IMG_20170409_171514_zps3nllm8ny.jpg

IMG_20170409_171118_zpszici6x8d.jpg

Then tonight I managed to get the much anticipated Velossa Tech Big Mouth installed. It was delivered yesterday by DreamScience but I was away from home so unboxed and fitted tonight. Definitely a noticeable change in induction volume but I have not drove it yet although I highly doubt I will see any performance changes.

Regarding the H&Rs, do you find the front sits bout 15-20mm higher than the rear ? Mines sitting like this and it does my head in.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think the car itself is level but yes i do find the measurement from centre cap to arch looks bigger on the front that the rear to be honest.

• Like 1

I think the car itself is level but yes i do find the measurement from centre cap to arch looks bigger on the front that the rear to be honest.

Good to know I'm not going crazy then. I've been considering the coilovers route for a long while. Just to balance the arch gaps.

Good to know I'm not going crazy then. I've been considering the coilovers route for a long while. Just to balance the arch gaps.

I'm looking at keeping the springs but moving to Bilstein B8 shocks :)
  • Like 2

I'm looking at keeping the springs but moving to Bilstein B8 shocks :)

You thinking this will help balance the arch gaps ?

You thinking this will help balance the arch gaps ?

I don't think so. Will just make it a bit more solid :)

Can I ask a question about the Shark Fin aerial. Have you noticed a difference in reception on DAB radio? I'd like to change mine, but I do listen to the radio so don't want the reception to get worse! 

Can I ask a question about the Shark Fin aerial. Have you noticed a difference in reception on DAB radio? I'd like to change mine, but I do listen to the radio so don't want the reception to get worse! 

Tad worse buddy but I tend to listen to my own stuff. I wouldn't say it's night and day different but in built up areas there is some loss every now and again.

Cheers, thanks for getting back to me. Might buy one and see what it's like. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2017 at 10:24 PM, Wheels93 said:

Relatively new to the scene so first time seeing one of these fitted, looks mint mate :thumbup:

Relatively new to the scene so first time seeing one of these fitted, looks mint mate :thumbup:

Cheers buddy. Not many fitted in the UK yet so one of a few fitted :)

• 1 month later...

So a little bit of an update but all of the modifications I've got for the car now aren't cheap so progress will be slow and steady.

As you all know, I had it lowered and as a result I had to get the tracking done. Attached is a picture but was only a point of a degree out so hardly worth doing to be honest.

Tracking_zpshirzgdpt.jpg

Following on from the tracking episode I took it on a 500mile English Holiday to Poole. It performed so well but loved them V-Power Stop Offs!!! I didn't take any pictures whilst on my adventures unfortunately. When I got back I treated the car to a quick lick over and then it was off again to Fiesta in The Park! I attended with The Ford Bible this year and had some pictures done by Ben who works with them.

FiTP1_zpsbjekerii.jpg

FiTP2_zpsqp3h5s5b.jpg

Whilst there, there was cheeky purchase of a glossed rear wiper! Had one of my Mk2 and really thought they set the back off!

GlossWiper_zps9dotfzin.jpg

So here's the real update I will get these bad boys fitted!!

RSBrembo_zpsus1u43t0.jpg

Most will have identified these already but I am having the RS Brembo Brakes fitted to ensure when I start to put the power through I can stop! To ensure the brakes fit with my existing wheels I had to buy some 5mm spacers. I ordered these from DEMON TWEEKS and will have to say I'm a little disappointed because they sent me 10mm. I wanted 5mm because I wanted to try and get away with not spacing the back. These are the ones I went for in the end for the record :)

Spacers_zpsirysj3tq.jpg

Over the coming weeks there will be another deep clean because it is filthy plus there are a couple of swirls making a return already! I thought Black was a good move because of how anal I am but this is testing me!

C&C Welcome

• Like 2

So a little bit of an update but all of the modifications I've got for the car now aren't cheap so progress will be slow and steady.

As you all know, I had it lowered and as a result I had to get the tracking done. Attached is a picture but was only a point of a degree out so hardly worth doing to be honest.

Tracking_zpshirzgdpt.jpg

Following on from the tracking episode I took it on a 500mile English Holiday to Poole. It performed so well but loved them V-Power Stop Offs!!! I didn't take any pictures whilst on my adventures unfortunately. When I got back I treated the car to a quick lick over and then it was off again to Fiesta in The Park! I attended with The Ford Bible this year and had some pictures done by Ben who works with them.

FiTP1_zpsbjekerii.jpg

FiTP2_zpsqp3h5s5b.jpg

Whilst there, there was cheeky purchase of a glossed rear wiper! Had one of my Mk2 and really thought they set the back off!

GlossWiper_zps9dotfzin.jpg

So here's the real update I will get these bad boys fitted!!

RSBrembo_zpsus1u43t0.jpg

Most will have identified these already but I am having the RS BREMBO Brakes fitted to ensure when I start to put the power through I can stop! To ensure the brakes fit with my existing wheels I had to buy some 5mm spacers. I ordered these from DEMON TWEEKS and will have to say I'm a little disappointed because they sent me 10mm. I wanted 5mm because I wanted to try and get away with not spacing the back. These are the ones I went for in the end for the record :)

Spacers_zpsirysj3tq.jpg

Over the coming weeks there will be another deep clean because it is filthy plus there are a couple of swirls making a return already! I thought Black was a good move because of how anal I am but this is testing me!

C&C Welcome

Car really looking superb!
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Car really looking superb!
Yunii

Cheers pal.. doesnt look like that ATM :(

the car is looking great fella and like the sound of the mods planed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

very nice, bud!

• Like 1

Quick update! The RS Brakes were fitted last weekend by @@Tezza

For the purpose of people humming and arring about doing this, I thought I would include some pictures :)

To start, here is a picture of the old brakes and how they fill the standard ST Wheels

Old%20Brake%20in%20Wheel_zpswsdzprk5.jpg

Pretty sure 99% of you know what it looks like when the wheel is off but for the sake of comparison

Old%20Brakes_zpsmojsp54p.jpg

Once its all stripped back it is time to fit the RS Splash Shields. Take note on the photo that the knuckle is different and an extra hole needs to be made to seat them :)

Splash%20Shield_zpsgfalkdzw.jpg

Then you can actually get to the fun part and install your new parts :) Left is the old standard Ford Disc and Right the Brembo Disc

Disc%20Comparison_zpszejrzlmt.jpg

After I got over the difference and pulled myself together the callipers were fitted :) for the standard wheels to clear the callipers it is recommended that you buy a 5mm Spacer. I ordered these but ended up getting 10mm ones delivered and even these don't leave much clearance. I've got quite big hands and can't get half my finger in-between the calliper and wheel.

New%20Disc%20and%20Spacer_zps9fstvntg.jpg

Side%20of%20Brakes_zpssmcqlslb.jpg

Finally here is a picture of them in the wheel :)

New%20Brake%20in%20Wheel_zpsqkgqjks4.jpg

New%20Brake%20Bead_zpsh7fwiabl.jpg

C&C Welcome :)

• Like 3