Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filler Cap

colinjc49

Hi. Does anyone know if a lockable filler cap is available for the MK2 kuga?  Thanks

Do you have Ford Easy Fill? If not, does the filler cap lock on central locking?

Hi Micro.  Easy fill  -  yes,   but the flap does not lock in any way (centrally, manually or otherwise) and that's my concern.  Ford claim that easy fill makes it very difficult to syphon fuel or use the wrong fuel.  I'd argue that it's easy to defeat and is not vandal proof.  A poor, cheapskate design in my opinion.

Interloper from the Focus forum here - well I am thinking of buying a Kuga... :biggrin:

Funnels that by-pass Easyfill are supplied with the cars, and are available on eBay from £4, Ford for £7 odd. OK easyfill will discourage the chancer but it's easy for a pro to come equipped

Maybe a good idea re wrong fuel mistakes but I think that there should be a locking flap or cap too.

Easyfuel systems can't be syphoned even with the correct funnel.
A friend of mine works for Customs and one of his jobs is testing for agricultural diesel in road vehicles.
Even using a syphon bottle and a thin pipe he hasn't had much luck to get even a small amount to perform his visual colour test.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I stand happily corrected, and good to know. Thank you Stoney

• Like 1

Hi Micro.  Easy fill  -  yes,   but the flap does not lock in any way (centrally, manually or otherwise) and that's my concern.  Ford claim that easy fill makes it very difficult to syphon fuel or use the wrong fuel.  I'd argue that it's easy to defeat and is not vandal proof.  A poor, cheapskate design in my opinion.

Anti-syphon yes - anti-vandal no.

I would be much happier with a flap that deadlocked centrally.  Surely not too much to ask considering the good level of standard equipment.  

i can break off a locking cap in 2 seconds and a flap off in less . so they are no deterrent. 

• Like 1

As others have said. If someone wants your fuel they will get it another way (i.e. a screwdriver and the bottom of your tank).

As for people messing with your fuel or adding stuff to it - does the easy fill allow fluid in that collects in the fuel cap compartment? I thought that just dripped down out of the fuel cap.

• 3 months later...

It's just like a regular fuel filler neck except there's a flap that you push open with the fuel nozzle, anything you spill runs back out just like on a regular vehicle.  

I believe there's an anti-siphon device in the fuel neck that prevents siphoning, not 100 % sure on that though.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club