Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice needed for my Mk2.5 Ford Focus TDCI!

jack1997

Hello everyone, been a while. My 2008 Ford Focus Style TDCi (1.6l engine with 90bhp and as far as I know no DPF), is still going strong at 115,000 miles. I love this car like its family, but theres a ***** load of issues and changes I want to make but I dont really know where to start. For context I am 19 years old who earns some money but not a lot, so budget is quite important.

Heres the changes I want to make, if anybody can steer me in the right direction for them that'll be great help. I'd love to be able to start a build thread here!

1) Engine remap. After some research I found out chip tuning my car has pretty amazing gains. I can get it safely up to 120ps, which increases my power output by a 1/3! The torque gains too are brilliant. Not exactly sure how much this will cost or who exactly I go to to discuss getting this done.

2) Sound proofing. Car is stupidly noisy in the motorway or rough roads, really becomes annoying. Instead of buying a better insulated car itll be nice to just get this car properly sound proofed. Apart from changing the tyres, what is the most cost efficient way to reduce road and engine noise in my mk2.5?

3) Head unit. A decent head unit with bluetooth and sat nav and easily make my 2008 Focus feel 5 years younger lol. Anyone can reccomend a decent head unit? Im looking at the pumpkin head units on amazon but they are quite pricey with mixed reviews.

4) General reliability. I want this car to serve me reliably all the way to even 200,000 miles.  I'm a pretty heavy footed driver, I love to rev it up occasionally. I also drive an average of 12-13,000 miles a year. Love doing road trips too. Do things like EGR removal help reliability? I believe my car model does not have the DPF either. How else could I keep the longevity of my vehicle? How frequently should I do an oil change?

Thank you to everyone whose read this far!

Double check for presence of the DPF, it's quite possibly present on that age car.

Yes, absolutely blank the EGR, it'll prevent crud getting into the engine increasing longevity.30 minutes work if you're slow and careful, and a fiver for the shim.

Change the oil every 6 months inc filters.

Change fuel filter every year if not at same time as oil.

Head units are ten a penny if you pay little, and the good ones cost a fortune.Not long ago I replaced my 3rd party chinese thing with an Android based 3rd party chinese thing for £150 with 12 month warranty. Quite pleased with it, being straight android runs all the apps I like including tomtom or waze for navigation.

• Like 1

Remap - Will be worth doing however being 19 years old get in touch with your insurance company before hand, prices vary I'm paying £200 for a custom tune so unsure what the final power output will be told my insurance it's going to be at least a 30% - 35% increase cost me an extra £60 to my premium for the year.

Sound proofing - You could go either way with this but keep in mind it will likely increase the weight of the car a lot, I sound proofed my bonnet using Silent Coat and it weighs at least an extra 2kg but has helped with noise, another one is Dynamat which I've also heard good things about, cost to do a full car will be around £80 - £160 start with one bulk pack at £80 and then if you need more order a smaller pack depending on how much you've got left. Do your wheel arches and roof first then see because like I said it's heavy stuff.

Headunit - I have a Pioneer AVH5800DAB which I love amazing sound quality and allows me to add extra Speakers if need be as well as DAB+, spotify and can use as sat-nav, my experience so far with this unit has been amazing but it is costly.

Reliability - 6k-12k oil changes, fuel filter every year, not blanked my EGR valve due to not being able to on the MK3 Focus but have heard nothing but good news from doing it. 

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS rear Diffuser Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS Front Lip spoiler Click Here 

Full ZetecS Kit Fitted to Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Custom Laser Cut Interior Parts For Your Ford Click Here

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

Guide To Activating Single & Multi Door Unlock on yor Ford Click Here

Guide To Spraying Rear View Mirror Click Here

Guide To Changing Lower Front Grill On Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Built Climate Controls on Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting New Ford Mist Type Jets on all Models Click Here

Guide to wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To De-Wiper Rear Of Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting Boot Door Umbrella Holder Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide Tow Strap style boot handle Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

The Ultimate Rear Seat Protection Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional 12v Socket in Boot of Focus Click Here

Guide to Converting Rear Fog Light To Clear Click Here

Guide Fitting Mud Flaps to ST, RS & ZetecS FocusClick Here

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Induction Filter Upgrade in Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Bonnet Dampers Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus RS LED tail lights Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here 

• Like 1

i assume this is the 16 valve twin cam engine (not the later 8 valve single cam). they are known for turbo failure from clogged oil way if do not change oil regularly. Also use only good quality oil.  also fuel injector seals start leaking, not a lot you can do in the way of preventative action.  they make a chuffing noise &/or you get smell of burning diesel as the seeping diesel cooks on the cylinder hear turning into tar like goo. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club