Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta lowing springs

NeXorek_MK7

Hello all,

I'm looking after lowering my fiesta, I decided to go for lowering springs as they are cheaper comparing to coilovers. If I was going to fit them do I need to get anything done on top of that? What I mean by that do I need a new alignment or mess with the struts or anything like that? Never done it before so I wanna know everything before hand, and if anyone has any recommendations of what springs to go for let me know

Thank you for any help,

Read on the forum that its advisable to change the actual strut as the ram is too long.

If you have the Zetec S suspension you won't need new struts for 25-35mm lowering springs. If lower then take the advice of the spring manufacturer. You will need an alignment once the springs have settled. 

14 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Read on the forum that its advisable to change the actual strut as the ram is too long.

If you just change the springs every time you hit a bump on the road or a speed bump it will feel as if the suspension has bottomed out with a big nasty jolt. It will spoil the ride of the car and you will soon be wanting to put it back. The best way is to change the struts at the same time   .I am looking to do mine but I, having the struts done to (adjustable).Mine would cost about £800 ish fitted( they are adjustable) to do front and back. I've bin there and done just springs in the past so I know I'm right. On saying that there are lots to choose from depending on what your needs are (hard /soft/adjustable) when done right will make a big difference to the handling of your car.

• Like 1

How much do you want to lower it by?? A very moderate lowering, such as Eibach Pro-sport springs (which are designed to work with OEM shocks), won't require other changes. Springs start at £140, about the same for fitting and then allow about £50 for alignment. Plus any insurance change costs.

23 hours ago, dfriel2 said:

How much do you want to lower it by?? A very moderate lowering, such as Eibach Pro-sport springs (which are designed to work with OEM shocks), won't require other changes. Springs start at £140, about the same for fitting and then allow about £50 for alignment. Plus any insurance change costs.

Yeah these were the ones I was gonna go with, fairly low price and if they work with the OEM shocks then it's a win win. Thanks

Alright thanks people, I'll see how it looks from the side of the warranty, I've read that as long as they are fitted by the ford approved garage then it shouldn't break my warranty. Thanks you all for your help!