Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 brake discs

JayG90

This has been bugging me and ford were no help. 

I've changed my discs, but since felt driver's side wheel feel strange like as if ball joint is bust when driving. So after a week I've managed to get the wheel off to find the disc is slack and basically moving a good inch at an angle. 

I rang the place I bought them and they said they have a screw point can't remember the name but that screws to the hub stopping it moving. Great but can I find this hole? No, because it doesn't seem to exist. 

Rang two ford dealerships as one put the phone down on me and the other basically said bring it down but will cost £80. 

Can someone please tell me am I loosing my mind here or am I doing something wrong? Does the mk7 fiesta have a gap within the hub for the discs to be bolted too or if not how do I stop the movement? 

Since taking it all apart and reinstalling the strange feeling seems to of stopped but it's in for mot in two weeks and last thing I need is a fail. 

Any advise be great. 

Was the matting surface between the disc & hub clean ? even the smallest lump of rust can throw a disc out and run un-true.

Everything was cleaned with wire brush and brake cleaner... Best way to explain it is if the gaps within the discs are 1cm too big and allowing slack.  

i have seen discs which have one countersunk phillips screw holding it to the hub and discs that have none. i do not know what is standard on your car. the screw stops the disc moving about loosely when you take the wheel off. with the wheel on, the disc is held tight between the wheel and the hub, assuming you have done the wheel nuts up correctly.

If you think the disc is not running true you need to jack car up, get underneath behind the wheel, get someone to spin the wheel and check it.  Obviously make sure car is adequately supported, not just on a jack. and of course the wheel needs to be on there done up tight. turning the steering sharply should help access.