Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to the site - new to Ford

paperworkpaul

greeting all - recently had the opportunity to look around and actually buy a nice car with the wife, rather than our past "forced" purchases out of necessity for a car... (including, a renault scenic, megane and a ghastly vauxhall meriva postman pats van lookalike type thing)!

Now the proud owner of a 64 plate focus, 1.0 ecoboost 125 titanium...

Wondering what peoples thoughts are as regards to servicing, self-work, etc... Do you use official Ford parts only - would you only go for Ford garage service (as was offered to us in the sales patter too)...

ford.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and to Ford!  The Focus Ecoboost is an excellent choice (my brother has one).

With regard to routine servicing, I personally use Ford (and get the free breakdown cover which although not worth that much is a nice perk) to get the stamp (I'm on PCP).  I didn't see any point in taking out the service plan this time round as I couldn't see any saving.  However, I have changed my own brake discs and pads in the past to avoid the huge Ford labour charges (using Pagid discs and pads from Euro Car Parts), and plan to fit my own underseat subwoofer.  Ford charge a lot for a glorified oil change tbh (as do all manufacturers), though I've found Trust Ford to be excellent and extremely helpful, particularly with the few very minor warranty issues i've had.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 1:04 PM, paperworkpaul said:

greeting all - recently had the opportunity to look around and actually buy a nice car with the wife, rather than our past "forced" purchases out of necessity for a car... (including, a renault scenic, megane and a ghastly vauxhall meriva postman pats van lookalike type thing)!

Now the proud owner of a 64 plate focus, 1.0 ecoboost 125 titanium...

Wondering what peoples thoughts are as regards to servicing, self-work, etc... Do you use official Ford parts only - would you only go for Ford garage service (as was offered to us in the sales patter too)...

ford.jpg

Welcome!

Nice looking rims :wink:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club