Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blown Speaker (not so fast)

Epfiestaz

I have a 2014 Fiesta and recently have dealt with what I thought was a blown speaker.  Extreme scratchy sound with bases.  Google search is abound with complaints about the poor quality of the Speakers.  I removed the offending speaker and examined it.  No obvious tears in the seams. But upon applying finger presser around the edge, there was an obvious scratchy noise in certain spots of the speaker.  ( i also noticed that the back of the  speaker was not covered and there was water in the door panel as I had driven home in the rain the night before.)   My conclusion was if water is getting on my speaker, so must dirt and dust.   Around the inner cone are layers of circular material.  If dirt and dust is getting between these layers it could be causing my scratchy  sound.   Since I already ordered a replacement speaker, I wasn't too worried to try something to get the scratchy sound to go away. I sprayed the heck out of it with WD40.  Virtually soaking the center layers and pressing with my fingers until the scratchy sound went away.  I set the speaker to dry and reinstalled. 

FIXED.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club