Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

ADMIN

Cooky

Will bring this to Steve's attention

Will bring this to Steve's attention

While you're at it, on other forums you can have the first few words of the post appears when you hover over the title, giving you an idea what the post is actually about, saves opening stuff you aren't interested in.

Any chance of that on here :unsure:

Thanks to all who help to run the forum.

Another idea, think that may be down to IP Board operating system

• 1 month later...

HI folks

This is a common problem with the forum that it is not possible to search 3 letter words on MySql and IPB Boards.

We will soon be combating this issue by replacing this with google search. We have been using this on other websites and had some better success with this search feature.

This should be sorted within the next few weeks.

Ahh, that's dead handy. I knew IPB forums were limited, as three-word search puts too much strain on the database, but using Google should make searching a fair bit better! IPB has never (in my opinion) had a great search facility with some strong needs to be too specific.

Everyone's seen the comment "I tried searching for another thread but couldn't find one .... " only for a few posts in, someone links to the relevant thread!

Good move Admin - it'll make a pretty big difference.

HI folks

This is a common problem with the forum that it is not possible to search 3 letter words on MySql and IPB Boards.

We will soon be combating this issue by replacing this with google search. We have been using this on other websites and had some better success with this search feature.

This should be sorted within the next few weeks.

Hello again Steve.

The new search is in some ways better than the old one, but in other ways the old search was far superior. Is it possible to bring back the old search and have both?

Jon

yes.. its possible to have a link to it.

There are quite a few requests posts floating around and we need to combine all the requests in to one. I will get to work on these on monday. Then we can get on worth the front of the website

i have made a thread for this now, all requests to be placed.

Appreciate your time in adding your comments Jon ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club