Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 focus 6000CD faulty buttons

Mouldybread

Hey, 

first post here.  I have been struggling for weeks to try and fix this issue myself but not having much luck. I have tried search but not found anything as specific as my query.  

I have installed an aux in cable to my 6000CD.  When I try to switch from AM/FM to aux it does nothing.  Similarly when switching from AM/FM to CD...nothing. I should have checked all buttons were working before installing it. Schoolboy error.

Both CD and AUX buttons are together and I assume it's a faulty button but I want to try and fix it myself.  This is my first car and I'm keen to learn as much as I can. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

Mouldy

• 7 months later...

On 02/03/2017 at 8:44 PM, Mouldybread said:

Hey, 

first post here.  I have been struggling for weeks to try and fix this issue myself but not having much luck. I have tried search but not found anything as specific as my query.  

I have installed an aux in cable to my 6000CD.  When I try to switch from AM/FM to aux it does nothing.  Similarly when switching from AM/FM to CD...nothing. I should have checked all buttons were working before installing it. Schoolboy error.

Both CD and AUX buttons are together and I assume it's a faulty button but I want to try and fix it myself.  This is my first car and I'm keen to learn as much as I can. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

Mouldy

I know this is an old post (above)

but I now have exactly the same problem

So far I have taken the radio out pressed the on / off button lots of times, to hopefully discharge any static etc.

Put back in - nothing has changed

Any help please

Thanks