Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Impressions

Jim610

Well, picked it up this morning.  Crazy thing is as I walked in I overheard the sales man talking to one of his colleges, he didn’t know I was there.  To quote “ I think this is the nicest car I have ever handed over”.

Anyway, have not done a lot of miles yet but what I have I loved.  I haven’t found anything that doesn’t work yet.  I did find the car steering itself back to the centre of the lane a bit spooky the first time it did it and when I left it to get on with it, it waited a few seconds then issued a bollocking about removing my hand from the wheel.  I hadn’t but as I hadn’t inputted any steering and it had to a correct the steering a couple of times it assumed I was not holding the wheel.  Big brother!  Adaptive cruise control works really well and it is very quiet and comfortable. Sync 3 seems pretty slick.

Just to comment on a couple of issues mentioned on here.  Heated seats – are fine and hot enough for me.  I was wearing lined Craghoppers and I felt it get quite warm fairly quickly.  It is not as hot as the Mondeo climate seats but they were fierce and had 6 hot settings.  The Edge with its 3 settings will do for me.  Head lights are not brilliant.  Adequate but not brilliant.  Dip is OK but main beam is only just adequate for 60 mph.  The auto dip is very quick and fairly accurate with when it switches.  Not played with the detachable tow bar yet.  Haven’t found a mood lighting colour I like so I have it switched off.  They would be ok if they could be turned down a bit.  There might be a way but I haven’t found it yet. 

I know it is early days but I’m sure I will enjoy this car, next job, take it off road to some of my fishing spots.

Jim

As the other thread please share some pics for those still waiting for theirs. 

Also enjoyed my first day. Pleasantly surprised when I saw it at the dealership- they really stand out I think. First impression when I got in was better than expected- very very comfortable seats. Driving position good, performance good for a big lump, loved sync 3, loved the speed limiter for '50s'on the motorway, haven't driven at night yet so haven't tried the lights, also haven't towed yet but I will. Have they all got mood lighting? Haven't found that yet.

took the wife to Costco so the boot has been christened- good size- not sure about the load cover- looks a bit odd where it meets the back seats. Thought the stereo was average initially- but has improved, maybe just needed to warm up.

The  car is wide- you can really tell on B roads- amazed the alloys survived their first day.  

Was surprised how many admiring glances it got on the M25- 

at present- very pleased. 

I found the "mood lighting" colour selector buried in the Sync 3 settings.  You can select or deselect several colours but I selected them all off.  If, when you turn the engine off, the inside of the door buckets and the front cup holders light up blue then those are the same LEDs used to produce the mood lighting.

I found the stereo sounded much better when I found the setting to change it from "Stereo" to "Surround Sound".

What does surprise me is it feels much more sure footed, and handles better, than the Mondeo.  It is only about 1 cm wider so that is not such an issue for me.  I do much prefer to be sat up there looking down on others than always looking up as I was in the Mondeo.

The only thing I have founds so far that the Mondeo did better was fuel economy (50 vs 37 (so far) MPG) but that isn’t a surprise.  It might improve slightly as it all loosens up but not holding my breath.

On 04/03/2017 at 8:27 PM, Jim610 said:

Haven’t found a mood lighting colour I like so I have it switched off.  They would be ok if they could be turned down a bit.  There might be a way but I haven’t found it yet. 

Jim, the ambient light selectors are sliders. If you press one it goes full on ... you can drag the selected colour down to dim it a bit!

Its all the little touches I like, like the ambient door lighting automatically goes red when you open the door and the internal storage lights go off when you close them! Plus, I was intreuged why they supplied an ash tray (use mine as a sweet wrapper bin!), but more suprised when I found a cigarette lighter plugged in the power socket in the centre console storage.

21 hours ago, NeilRS said:

not sure about the load cover- looks a bit odd where it meets the back 

Neil, thats so the rear seats have room to recline! The newer cover has a single soild full width front, which is better than the original one which had split soft flaps held in place by clips around the rear headrest posts.

Edit: ... or did you mean where it meets the rear window? Must say that I dont like the way it hooks 'up' as its already quite low down in th boot. A retractable one like the Kuga would have been better.

10 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

1.   you can drag the selected colour down to dim it a bit!

2.   why they supplied an ash tray (use mine as a sweet wrapper bin!),

3.   but more suprised when I found a cigarette lighter plugged in the power socket in the centre console storage.

Simon

1 + 2, top tips, thank you.  Especially 1, there had to be a way.

3, me too.  I guess they are not as PC west of the pond as we try to be here:)

8 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

Must say that I dont like the way it hooks 'up' as its already quite low down in th boot. 

Agreed.  Definitely better on the Mondeo where it hooked "down".

22 hours ago, Brad8988 said:

As the other thread please share some pics for those still waiting for theirs. 

Only one I have so far.  Hasn't stopped raining since I picked it up!

20170306_082915.jpg

• Like 1

First commute to work this morning- 32 miles of motorway and city centre rush hour madness. Still loving it- still finding things and learning things which I must stop doing while I'm driving. 

It is very very quiet and very smooth- pot holes are very easily dealt with. I need to work sync 3 out as I'm spending too much time 'heads in' and I'm sure there's shortcuts to a lot of stuff. Heated seats on this morning- took a long long time to warm up but got there eventually- the cooled seats however are brilliant! 

Love the seats- proper comfy. Stereo was average again so will play with the settings. Was thrilled to find a spare wheel and not that gunk rubbish. Going to trial itvwity the caravan this weekend. The red LEDs are a worry- don't like them one bit and they feel a bit dramatic- particularly annoying when people cut in in front. 

Nearly 200 miles on the clock now. 

Anyone know- on the satnav- how do I save where I am now as a waypoint? 

4 hours ago, Jim610 said:

Only one I have so far.  Hasn't stopped raining since I picked it up!

20170306_082915.jpg

That looks like a military environment- are you a military man? 

Sssh!  That will be telling:)

• Like 1

Your not based at leccy are you?

First commute to work this morning- 32 miles of motorway and city centre rush hour madness. Still loving it- still finding things and learning things which I must stop doing while I'm driving. 
It is very very quiet and very smooth- pot holes are very easily dealt with. I need to work sync 3 out as I'm spending too much time 'heads in' and I'm sure there's shortcuts to a lot of stuff. Heated seats on this morning- took a long long time to warm up but got there eventually- the cooled seats however are brilliant! 
Love the seats- proper comfy. Stereo was average again so will play with the settings. Was thrilled to find a spare wheel and not that gunk rubbish. Going to trial itvwity the caravan this weekend. The red LEDs are a worry- don't like them one bit and they feel a bit dramatic- particularly annoying when people cut in in front. 

I'm pretty sure you press the red icon that is 'you' on the map and then there should be a box that shows up in green at the bottom, you press that and it will give you options to save that location or set as waypoint.

On the subject of satnav please don't set 'My Home' as your actual home address, pick a supermarket nearby or shop. That way you are always heading in the right direction should you need to get home but a thief who presses it won't be delivered to your door potentially with your car and house keys knowing you are stranded miles away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Jim

nice to hear you are happy with your edge what colour blue is it I have a Kona blue edge

Paul

Jeans Blue.

9 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Stuck black PVC Tape over the Red LED's problem solved its a stupid idea!

On 3/6/2017 at 10:51 AM, NeilRS said:

Let me know how you get on with towing please , we have a "clunk" when we tow our caravan at low speeds :( 

On 06/03/2017 at 10:51 AM, NeilRS said:

The red LEDs are a worry- don't like them one bit and they feel a bit dramatic- particularly annoying when people cut in in front. 

Have you found the setting to "de-sensitise" them?  Did that fairly early on.

Jim

My beast :) love it or hate it color 

20161031_072918.jpg

20161031_072903.jpg

• Like 2

That's the colour I would go for @pash43uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just realised looking at the picture above that on the 17MY version the shark fin antenna has been removed!

Or was that only ever a feature on the Sport model?

Has yours not got one?