Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attempted theft

blackcountrykuga

My Kuga had it's drivers window smashed and it appears the thieves tried to hack the car to drive it away. The car was parked at the rear of a hotel carpark overnight, covered by CCTV. Looking online and this is becoming a problem for keyless ignition type cars. When I reported it to the West Midlands Police they said there had been a spate of Kugas been stolen. Has this happened to anyone else? Online advice talks about putting a steering wheel lock on. The stoplock pro gets good reviews. Has anyone else used this or know of any other deterrents.

Hi. I'm pleased they failed and the Kuga put up enough resistance to put them off. It's annoying that you have the inconvenience and expense of the repairs. 

Yes, the stoplock is a good visual deterrent - ditto a good wheelclamp etc.- especially if the vehicle is being left unattended somewhere.  i've used both.  These devices are enough to make a casual thief go for an easier target.  I also think that a visual "alarm on" indicator (LED?) would help too. 

Sadly,  a committed thief will always find a way.  We just need to make things as difficult as possible.

Regards

A clutch pedal lock is ideal for keyless start vehicles.
No clutch = no start even if they hack the obd port.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I've got a disclok on mine worth a £100 of anyone's money as they're thatcham approved as well

58bdc8c7e6ccd_ImageUploadedByFordOC14888

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club