Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus side indicators

Dagger

Hi

How easy is it to change the orange indicators on the MK1

I want to put these on:

Ford-Focus-Mk1-1998-04-Triangle-Smoked-Side-Repeaters-Indicator-Spare-Part-Black

How easy are they to do???

Thanks

they should just slot/clip in, are the new ones the same shape as original

There should be two little clips at the back of your side repeaters, I think it was a case of pushing down on them and they should easily come out 

13 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

There should be two little clips at the back of your side repeaters, I think it was a case of pushing down on them and they should easily come out 

Cheers

Will try and get the original ones off, then order the tinted ones

I fitted these to my Mk1.5. They look so much better than the amber ones. The biggest problem is getting the old ones out. Haynes simply says push them down, as Matt said above, but in my experience it wasn't that easy. If I remember correctly (and it's a long time ago) there are two plastic hooks at the top edge and a plastic springy clip at the bottom. The trick is to push downwards far enough to disengage the hooks but I found the springy clip would "bottom out" before they were clear of the aperture.

If you get hold of the new ones first you'll be able to see how they're held in.

Don't forget you'll need amber bulbs. White would be an MOT fail.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjt said:

I fitted these to my Mk1.5. They look so much better than the amber ones. The biggest problem is getting the old ones out. Haynes simply says push them down, as Matt said above, but in my experience it wasn't that easy. If I remember correctly (and it's a long time ago) there are two plastic hooks at the top edge and a plastic springy clip at the bottom. The trick is to push downwards far enough to disengage the hooks but I found the springy clip would "bottom out" before they were clear of the aperture.

If you get hold of the new ones first you'll be able to see how they're held in.

Don't forget you'll need amber bulbs. White would be an MOT fail.

Thanks for that :wink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club