Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Click noise- steering wheel column

Sean_Chino7

Hey guys, ive got a Mk6.5 zetec. I noticed that when i turn the steering wheel left/right while parking and doing a U-turn or just driving around a corner (without the indicator stalk on) i hear a quiet click noise behind the steering wheel and you can sort of feel it very slightly too. It sounds like if a plastic is rubbing against another plastic or wire is lose within the steering column. it only happens sometimes. i took the plastic steering wheel column surrounds off, i put some blue tack on the lose wires and plastic bits, then put the plastic surrounds back on, then for a while the noise disappeared, no more clicking noise. But now the click noise has come back. it doesnt affect the steering wheel or the stalks, it just makes a plasticky quiet click noise. My mates mk6.5 zetec has this click noise too. its doing my head in! any advice/ help on this? anyone else had this noise too?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club