Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New control arms

F0CUE

Hi recently the local mechanic installed new control arms (wishbones). Now the car feels some what smoother and the steering in straight and true.... however when I drive slow and make sharp turns it feels like the wheels drag slightly  as if there is extra weight ? also when I hit a deep drain or pothole I get a slight bump steer where the steering wheel will pull in the direction the wheel wants to go. Has anyone got an idea on what would cause that?

what you describe to me sound like tracking adjusted with more toe out than it should be or less toe in than it should be . i can't recall it it should be toe in or toe out, but either way, are the front wheels too far apart at the front of the wheels. it is quite hard to check tracking yourself. 

Years ago I made my own tracking guage out of an old metal pole (longer then the width of the car) and welded attachments at each end . It's not dead precise but it is good enough to see if it is obviously out.

Cool I will get tracking done then and hopefully will sort it out. I did order tracking from Halfords but their machine broke so they had to refund me and said if the car drives straight then tracking is not the issue. They were probably looking for more money eg they checked my last mot advisories and asked if I had them fixed yet robbing gits lol

• 5 weeks later...

Tracking done and they found the track rods where seized but applied some heat  and got them adjusted. The previous owner must of not ever had it done. What a difference its like driving a new car :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club