Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTC codes in test menu

dancki

Hi there

I have purchased a ford mondeo from 2008, Drives really well but having some minor problems with it, Maybe something you could help.

1 - Cigarette lighter sockets don't work, i have checked the fuses but it looks brand new and its not dirty or blown,

2 - reveres lights don't switch on, checked light bulbs and they are ok, even put new one in and still no joy

3 - during the test ( press ok buttton  , then turn inition key etc.) i have discovered 3 dtc codes which my obd2 scanner didn't pick up :

- dtc f00616

- dtc c41568

- dtc c41668

The  car starts and drives, has plenty of power but i am worried about these codes.  I am fairly new motorist and keen DIY'er so don't mind to attempt to fix problems my self if safe to do so.

1- probably a loose connection on the back of the socket or the socket itself has packed up.
2- check the reverse light switch on the gearbox.
3- the codes mean nothing, usually just random data produced on starting the car and safe to remove, tbh codes generated from a cluster check rarely mean much.
If there was anything of any concern then the obd scanner would detect it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Stoney871 - thanks for that. I dont think it would be the socket as the back plug doesnt work either.

Now I have noticed that driver side passenger doors don't lock even if i double lock the car. When pulling the handle the doors open as never locked. this activates the alarm tho.

12 hours ago, dancki said:

i have discovered 3 dtc codes which my obd2 scanner didn't pick up :

- dtc f00616

- dtc c41568

- dtc c41668

Those codes decode to:

U3006-16: Battery voltage (Low or high)

U0415-68: Invalid Data Received From ABS.

U0416-68:  Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module.

Like Clive says, these codes can be caused by some little glitch, and may not mean anything.

A generic OBD scanner may not pick them up, they are probably local to the Instrument Cluster. To read them, and to clear them may need a Ford specific system like the official Ford IDS, or Forscan.

If they keep coming back or appear in conjuction with other codes or symptoms, that may indicate a problem somewhere.

For a brief (& rather technical!) guide to decoding cluster DTCs, see:

Re the door lock: If the door ajar warning works ok on that door, and the car double locks ok (ignoring that door), then it sounds like either the locking motor has failed, or the connections or drive circuit to it have a problem. Or, if it is anything like the Focus, each door module has it own fuse, so it could just be that.

I think it is the door ajar signal that sets off the alarm, if any door is opened while it is supposed to be locked.

Thanks. I will check the fuse. When i lock the car with remote it sounds like the motors closing it but obviously not. All other doors including boot are locked but not these one. Looks like a weekend full of fun 

3 hours ago, dancki said:

Thanks. I will check the fuse. When i lock the car with remote it sounds like the motors closing it but obviously not. All other doors including boot are locked but not these one. Looks like a weekend full of fun 

Checked the fuses and it looks ok. Will have to look inside the doors . In mean time I can lock the doors using lock knob on the door from the inside - at least this keep the car secure

• 2 years later...

Hi there im getting a DTC error code E10100 what does this mean thanks 

got a dtc code e10100 can anyone help

2 minutes ago, michael 90 said:

got a dtc code e10100 can anyone help on a ford focus st3 2012

14 minutes ago, Keirston foster said:

DTC error code E10100

13 minutes ago, michael 90 said:

dtc code e10100

It is DTC U2101-00

The only reference I have seen to it in a Mk3 Focus is:

===BCMii DTC U2101:00-2F===
Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

From the Forscan forum. I have also seen it in an ACM (audio control module, or Ford Audio system.), but that was on a Fiesta.

Hopefully it is just some minor communication error or glitch. I would log it, and clear the DTCs using Forscan or some other system that can read / clear BCM codes. Then see if or when it returns.

The first character of a cluster code is decoded as below, and the next three characters are the rest of the 4 digit normal DTC code

Decoding secret dash test:
0 = P0,   1=P1,   2=P2,  3=P3
4 = C0,   5=C1,   6=C2,  7=C3
8 = B0,   9=B1,   A=B2,  B=B3
C = U0,   D=U1,   E=U2,  F=U3 

• 1 year later...

Hello, i've checked Test mode od my Ford Focus mk3 1.6Tdci, and my code is DTC #1 C401_64. Im searching for description, but i cannot find anything. Thanks

Means nothing, most if not all codes in the dash menu are legacy codes from when the car was built.
When various parts are fitted on the line they may log a dash dtc as they haven't been connected to the relevant sensor or module yet.
You can safely clear the dash menu and only be concerned if they come back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club