Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint came off help

Patrico777

Hi 

I just find out my paint on right hand side near rear wheel has come off dont no how maybe stone chip? Here is a pic what can I do to fix this its very annoying thanks

IMG_6388.JPG

It won't be perfect but then no paint repair will ever be 100% perfect. So unless you want to fork out for a respray, a touch up pen is about your only option. That said, a trained eye can even tell when a professional job has been done anyway.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

It won't be perfect but then no paint repair will ever be 100% perfect. So unless you want to fork out for a respray, a touch up pen is about your only option. That said, a trained eye can even tell when a professional job has been done anyway.

Maybe I take it to paint work shop they cant charge that much? First I try that kit from Halfords not sure how to use it lol

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

Maybe I take it to paint work shop they cant charge that much? First I try that kit from halfords not sure how to use it lol

'They can't charge that much'! I asked a place to paint a brand new bumper (I would supply the bumper) and I would fit it to the car. The cheeky sods quoted me £400+ so they were politely told to 'jog on'!

• Like 1

If you fill in with the chip repair kit, can I say that you want to really look very closely at the damaged area and remove any loose bits of paint that might lift off after a few weeks, the chip on your car may go bigger than it actually is now, but it will save you great stress as you look upon your car a month on and spot the repaired bit has cracked and looks worse.

Use a craft blade and carefully trim the chipped part of the paint at an angle, so you ONLY fill the damaged area and not the surrounding good paint! The times I've seen folk touching in chips is laughable as the fill the hole and slap paint over, until it looks like a gret big wart :blush:

Brother in law used a mobile company to have a chip repaired at his home, cost him £80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Lanc said:

If you fill in with the chip repair kit, can I say that you want to really look very closely at the damaged area and remove any loose bits of paint that might lift off after a few weeks, the chip on your car may go bigger than it actually is now, but it will save you great stress as you look upon your car a month on and spot the repaired bit has cracked and looks worse.

Use a craft blade and carefully trim the chipped part of the paint at an angle, so you ONLY fill the damaged area and not the surrounding good paint! The times I've seen folk touching in chips is laughable as the fill the hole and slap paint over, until it looks like a gret big wart :blush:

Brother in law used a mobile company to have a chip repaired at his home, cost him £80.

So shld I use that kit drom halforda rhen??? 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

'They can't charge that much'! I asked a place to paint a brand new bumper (I would supply the bumper) and I would fit it to the car. The cheeky sods quoted me £400+ so they were politely told to 'jog on'!

I will go and ask spray shop tomorrow

IMG_6033.JPG

Just spoke to one chip mobile company prices starts from £125+Vat !!! Wtf that is soo expenssive

7 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

yep! unless you can find an alternative on eBay ..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Well....... It's all up to you mate!

Now if it was me, I'd carefully remove the damaged paint using a craft knife, then fill in the damaged bit with Davids Isopon filler, then spray the filled in area, leave for a few days, then wet flat the sprayed area and polish up.... you'd never see the repaired bit. I'd buy only genuine Ford aerosol spray paint for a really excellent colour match.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Just spoke to one chip mobile company prices starts from £125+Vat !!! Wtf that is soo expenssive

Jesus! That is a rip off or what :wallbash:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Well....... It's all up to you mate!

Now if it was me, I'd carefully remove the damaged paint using a craft knife, then fill in the damaged bit with Davids Isopon filler, then spray the filled in area, leave for a few days, then wet flat the sprayed area and polish up.... you'd never see the repaired bit. I'd buy only genuine Ford aerosol spray paint for a really excellent colour match.

Seems to difficult for me lol I never done nothing with paint etc lol I think I try that kit from Halfords but needs to check instructions first 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Jesus! That is a rip off or what :wallbash:

Its deffo I said to him ok thanks bye when I heard the price lol

23 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Seems to difficult for me lol I never done nothing with paint etc lol I think I try that kit from halfords but needs to check instructions first 

If u try with the touch up kit buy a artist brush like hobby craft u want like 000 brush it's just a really tiny brush what will make the job 100 times easier and it will come out better don't use halford brush the paint is alright but the brushes are difficult to hold.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Its deffo I said to him ok thanks bye when I heard the price lol

If u was local I would touch it in for u, as others had said u won't get 100% but I could get a good 85% maybe more lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Seems to difficult for me lol I never done nothing with paint etc lol I think I try that kit from halfords but needs to check instructions first 

Not that difficult! But if you've never dabbled in repairs it may sound daunting.

3 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

If u was local I would touch it in for u, as others had said u won't get 100% but I could get a good 85% maybe more lol

Where are you mate

6 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

If u try with the touch up kit buy a artist brush like hobby craft u want like 000 brush it's just a really tiny brush what will make the job 100 times easier and it will come out better don't use halford brush the paint is alright but the brushes are difficult to hold.

I will and get that thanks and try it out

Just now, mikeyd1 said:

Essex 

Oh yeah to far mate how wld u fix it 

Just now, Patrico777 said:

Oh yeah to far mate how wld u fix it 

I would of just touched it in with a artist brush and touch up kit. Get the brush mate and just clean it after so u can keep 

IMG_0672.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyd1 said:

I would of just touched it in with a artist brush and touch up kit. Get the brush mate and just clean it after so u can keep 

IMG_0672.JPG

Ok I will do it tomorrow I will get this brush from hobbycraft and then I will follow instructions from that Halfords kit

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club